lowering my 60ft times???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
87 monte ss, 355, TH350, 8.5" 3.42 rear, the car runs consistant 13.35 @ 105.98 with a 2.0 60ft, car weighs around 3500 with me in it. I have MT ET street radials 275/50/15

just wondering what people would recomend to get my 60ft down. I would love to see a 1.8 60ft

I was thinking maybe 3:73's and going with a nice suspension upgrade,

Moroso trick front and rear springs, Qa1 stocker star shocks , adj upper control arms, lift bars for the lower. and a UMI rear sway bar. anyone think this set up will help get me below a 2.0 60ft?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I'd do gearing if you can afford it. That'll always help your 60' as long as you don't mind sacrificing the highway driving. It's all about traction so anything that will let you leave harder go for it. A sway bar wont hurt :wink:

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
3.73 will help a 4.10 would be better do you have a lsd or a locker.is it a drag only car or something you drive around alot.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
Its a street/strip i bring it to the track almost every week tho and my track is an hour away, lol so 4:10's would be out of the question although i would love to see what that would be like.
I think im gunna go with 3.73 i have a set in my basement ill prob get them installed this winter, im just worried that im gunna be spinning the tires cuz it spins them with the 3.42's sometimes

502monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2007
next time at the track really roast those tires. with that type of power you shouldnt still be spinning those tires if they're heated up properly. drop the pressure to 17 PSI and do a long smokey burnout. they dont get sticky unless you roast them. first time on the track with mine i didnt roast them and i ran a 13.5 @ 109 spinning halfway down the track, guy told me to do a real long burnout and i knocked it down to a 12.39 @ 112 with almost no spin. i have a 502 big block with 4.10 gears and i barely spun when i heated them up right so you shouldnt have a problem getting traction especially with that low or a gear in your rear. should really knock your 60 ft down if your spinning. 105 trap should put you in the 12's

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
I do heat them up pretty good, but i was running the pressure at 25 or maybe 20, my 60-ft is a 2.09. i think i just need a better gear ratio cuz im going through the traps at only 4500 rpms.

Phantomfe3

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2007
Bemidji MN
gears will help you

weight transfer will force those tires down and give you more traction

do some suspention mods like drag shocks, lift bars, etc like you said in your first post

what kind of stall are you running in that TH350? if you got your intake and cam matched up to make good power, then you have to match it up with your stall to get the power to the ground when you want it there, that combined with good traction nets you fast 60 foots

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
I have a 2500 stall, my cam, intake are matched to the stall, only thing that isnt matched is my gears. Yeah hopefully this winter i will get all the suspenion stuff, 90/10's for the front, 50/50's rear.

whatsup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2007
Iowa
I didnt see where you really answered a question. With your 2.09 times at the track....ARE YOU SPINNING THE TIRES??? If yes, then suspension mods and doing a better burnout with tire pressure adjustments will bring them down nicely. If your 60' times are NOT from spinning the tires then yes, lower gears will help, but more convertor will as well. Of course both of those will probably cause the car to spin the tires so then you go back to the first solution. It all connects together. 355 is on the low side of cubic inches therefore not creating the torque of the bigger cubed motors. Bringing it out harder (higher rpm and hooking) is really what is needed.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Take the PSI down on the slicks. As long as your not spinning the tire on the wheel you can cheat it a little more. I run about 15-17 PSI on my MT Steets and it made a world of difference. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor