lowering springs for a wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
The fronts on mine are QA-1 adjustable. I have airbags inside my springs, but this year, I will delete the springs all together, install a pair of Firestone 6902s with a Haldex ride control valve. That way it is always at the right height no matter what the load.Like the Boat.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
I looked at the firestone bags; can't figure how I would mount them in a g-body. have you already figured that out? however, the monte springs you have look about right, I assume the boat drops it another 1.5" or so

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
SafariWagon said:
I have A body rear springs in my wagon. I believe they were suppose to be for a 1972 cutlass (rear). The fronts are 3rd gen Camaro IROC springs with about 2/3 of a coil chopped sawed off. The best part is I bought each pair from Autozone and they were about $65 a pair. BTW I have a heavy 455 Pontiac up front. The car is no Canyon carver, but I am happy with the stance. See Avatar. Couldn't tell you how much it is lowered from stock but I would guess in the 2 1/2 to 3 inch range.

inexpensive is just what i'm lookin' for!

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
I looked under there and it will require some fab work. Usually requires some pads welded to the axle too. I do a lot of custom fab work tho, so it won't stop me from moving forward. I really like the way this wagon is behaving. I was going to sell it, but am having reservations.
Cheers-MFR

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I want to lower the rear of my wagon 2-3" to match the front. I think I'll try the A-body spring. Tell me about expensive, it's about another $100 to ship a set of spring from OPGI.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
I used some 4th gen caprice wagon springs in the back of my 83 wagon, they are SUPER soft but they are stock springs from a car with 220k+ so.....
The front springs on my car must be meant for a diesel because they are really tall and stiff.

Attachments

• Wagon without engine.jpeg
    Wagon without engine.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 700

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor