Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
EdontheBeach said:
how did the 80670 work out for you?

I don't know yet as I am still waiting on some custom spring perches to be made to accommodate the OD of the open end of the spring. Time to send a reminder to my brother...

Or just go with the other option I presented above using coil-over springs.

Although not apples to apples - I do run the (IIRC) MOOG 5661 springs in back of my Buick with a coil cut out to lower it a bit; this also raised the spring rate to around 180lbs/in from the listed 162lbs/in.

Wagons (in a performance application) will need at least 180lbs/in in the rear to control the weight transfer during acceleration and cornering; good shocks too - digressive seems to be the way to go.

Speaking of shocks, don't forget to measure your chosen shocks effective travel range and adjust their installation accordingly because a 3" drop will really screw with their performance and longevity.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
The caprice springs just popped in without any fuss. The springs i took out were on top of lift blocks and then cut SUPER short to slam the car, it rode like garbage and had no travel! Rides like a caddy now but I need air shocks in the rear to be able to carry anything.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
BuWaGone, when you get those springs installed make sure you post up some pics and details!!!

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
BuWaGone, when you get those springs installed make sure you post up some pics and details!!!

I doubt I'll be changing springs any time some, I have to many thing on my plate as it is. I'll probably just trim the stock coils. Just found major rust on the fire wall and still trying to gather parts to put a turbo on the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor