LS Powered Monte Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Re: New Project 81 Monte Build

After one frame up theres no other way you can work after. Those control arm bumpers look new, didnt know they were made, where did you get them from?

ImmaT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2011

I always love it when the frame gets painted. It's like looking at a whole new frame and you can picture the final build. The '82 looks great and I'm sure this one will look just as good. I also love your dad's old Monte. I wish I was a good enough mechanic to work on a build like that. I usually end up getting someone else to do it. Speaking of finding someone else, has anyone ever used angie's list mechanics reviews to find a mechanic?

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

Carlola said:
After one frame up theres no other way you can work after. Those control arm bumpers look new, didnt know they were made, where did you get them from?
. The upper control arm bump stops are polyrurethane and are from energy suspension

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

So I got word of an all original 87 Monte SS sitting out beside a barn 15 minutes away from me. I went to check it out for myself and sure enough there it was. Its a silver gray with light gray interior and has been parked for years in the tall grass :( Also it is an ac delete. I gunna try and get my hands on this one even though the body is rough but I can put all the good part on my 81 :D let me know what you guys think.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis

Another non a/c car!!

Seems the SS was the only 'specialty' G-body that you could still order without air.
A/C was mandatory on the H/O-442-GNs, but I've seen a handfull of non a/c MCSS's...

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

Well I got ahold of the owner of the SS monte and he told me $600 and shes yours. does this seem like a good deal for an all original but rotten SS with A/C delete, non power windows, decent interior and a good nose piece? im thinking using my existing 81 monte frame and shell to make a street strip SS clone :D What do you guys think?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

OldBlue82 said:
Well I got ahold of the owner of the SS monte and he told me $600 and shes yours. does this seem like a good deal for an all original but rotten SS with A/C delete, non power windows, decent interior and a good nose piece? im thinking using my existing 81 monte frame and shell to make a street strip SS clone :D What do you guys think?
Depends on how rotted it is. I think $600 for the good nose, a/c delete package, good interior if its complete and usable is a decent price. You could sell or junk whats left.

OldBlue82

Greasemonkey
Mar 13, 2008
Huron County, ON Canada

The front fenders and nose are mint, same with the deck lid, spoiler, and rear bomper cover. All the black trim is in good condition. Seats, and console will clean up nice and I wanted to convert to buckets anyways. Also has a 200 4r trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor