LT1 pump in the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
I've been building my 87 old salon for 6 plus years I finally got my LT1 in with a inline pump, my problem is that when I go to start it, the car take a while to start (around 5-8 seconds) or should I say it dosen't start like it fuel in injected. I want to put my pump in the tank. What do I need get to put the pump in the tank. I will post a video when I get a chance probably this weekend

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
It sounds like when you turn it off, the fuel drains out of the lines and back to the tank. Then it has to re-pressure the fuel lines to start it. I'm sure you could install a one way check valve in there to keep the lines pressurized to start faster.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
lenny2001harley said:
I used a grand national fuel tank with stock fuel pump and hat in tank

x2. You can go to rock auto, and get a replacement tank made by Specrta. You can also get a send from there, if not them guys, check racetronix or look at the turbobuick boards and you can find a sending unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor