Lt1 swap help

Status
Not open for further replies.

87_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
Hey guys,
I'm working with my 87 442. Originally I was going to put a 455 bbo in it but price and availability of a good core or parts in general became to much. I had bought a complete drop out lt1 from a 95 Cadillac fleetwood with 220k on it. I decided to drop that in. I need help with figuring out all the little things like headers, wiring, hoses, and whatever else I can't think of right now. Thanks in advance
Also I'm uploading some of the pics from the teardown of the lt1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 453

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
The swap itself is pretty straight forward. Clam shell mounts bolt to the frame for the engine mounts, can take some time figuring which holes to use, but not too complicated. I ran a fuel injected LT block out of a truck, so I had a lot of wiring changes to make. If you are not running the fuel injection, wiring should be minimal, just some minor changes. Are you running the Cadillac front accessories? As hfar as headers, I can not help you, I ran stock manifold on mine.

87_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
Actually I'm converting to carb lol and yeah I plan on running the caddy accessories te engine came with the harness so I planned on splicing that into my existing harness. Unless that's advised against

87_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
Also as far as the headers I'm wondering if a set of Monte Carlo headers will work? I know I'll have to change the flange. Unless there's a company out there that already has them made up. Keep in mind I don't have a welder not am I that great at it

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
As far as the wiring, there won't be much, as you. I made a mistake hooking up my alternator and ended up frying the regulator. But, once fixed, it was all easy. Converting to Carb is going to be very easy when it come to wiring up. I do believe that the monte headers should work just fine, but as far as fitment, not all are created equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor