Malibu Wagon Help.

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
Hey what's up guys. So I just got this 79 Malibu Wagon from some guy that has had it in is family for at least 18 years. It used to be his dads car then he used it for a shop car, was parked and has been sitting for a while now, and he said it ran and drove when he parked it. I have yet to see that. The car has a V6 200 with a 3 speed manual and I am looking to do an LS swap with a 4 speed T10.... now my question is, cause I haven't actually measured anything, when the LS is in and the trans is in, will this all fit without having to relocate the shifter hole? I really don't want to cut anything on this car. I will be using Dirty Dingo LS swap engine mounts if that helps any. Any and all input helps. Thanks in advance.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Reactions: 1 users

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
That is exactly what I was hoping I’d find… thank you. It’s my first day on the forum and I still suck and finding stuff.. lol. Thank you.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You'll find that, it's a matter of getting it to work on the back of the LS Engine. SBC Bell Housing will bolt up, the Clutch, PP, Flywheel is going to be the custom one to blend it. By now someone should sell one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Mighty

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2022
There’s a member on here, gnvair who did a write up on swapping a super t10 into a factory 4 speed Malibu. He was an immense help for me putting a super t10 in my 79 factory 4 speed Malibu wagon. I didn’t want to do any cutting and also wanted to keep my bench seat. I ended up buying the shifter that he made for his car. You should be able to find his write up on here. I don’t know how much different the 3 speed (saginaw I assume) is to my 4 speed saginaw but the shifter location is what causes all the headache. I’m just running a sbc so I don’t know how much more or less work it would be with a LS.

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looking forward to seeing this come together

Fatboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2024
Arizona
Looking forward to seeing this come together
Thank you Sir... picture will come as soon as I get some time and start the first step. Clean up, I hate working on dirty cars. :LOL:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor