BUILD THREAD Motor Swap, Transmission and Torque Converter Swap, and Rear End Upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Dude, just leave.
I ain’t reading all that, and you don’t have the capacity to learn.
LOL you don't even have the capacity to read.. my capacity to learn is proven by the work that I have shown recently..

YOU can leave MY thread..."dude". ✌🏾

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Um there are several other people who have commented in this very thread who think you are full of sh*t, but thanks for singling me out..🤣

Please explain to me how my multiple technical posts over the last couple pages clearly above your pay grade to brain them have "turned this into sh*t"... we've been here talking real stuff you can learn from, and you're here turning it into some straight up victim racial sh*t to cover you being a turd that has established yourself as a turd here. We don't like you, and you are a waste of bandwith on this forum.

Time for you to see yourself out.

Goodbye GIF

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'm not even going to respond to your comments to entertain your clown *ss or anybody else with that attitude.

How about that ? 😊...officially ignored.
It's not nice to lie to people...🤣

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
There are no issues, it works with a normal differential fine so not even sure what the guy is getting at. Me as well as the guy who posted above me have stated the same. It's big, tough, and heavy so put some power infront of it. 31 Spline Axles are perfect for the street. Daytona type Pinion Support and let it rip.
From what I’m gathering, it’s more or less due to design. For example, the TrueTrac for the 9 inch seems to be rated at the 650hp mark, with no mention of weight or use. While others models have no defined limit.
Look at the gear pockets on a TrueTrac vs Strange’s S Trac, the Strange unit looks like it’s helical gear pockets are almost an inch longer.
If you go back to the left picture in reply #40. This is the reason I have this opinion. Basically the size of the carrier section.
Generally in drivetrains when all else is equal, smaller is not better. You can hold a door open by sitting a cinder block in front of it or stuff a piece of cardboard in the door jamb, both will hold it open but one will hold it better. Off road guys do not run the 9" for that very reason.

I'm not doubting your differential has not been trouble free and reliable. It's like arguing over what is the best bearing grease. They ALL have their pros and cons. For a street car it needs to be mentioned, the best is not the best in every category.

So basically there is 100 reasons for each decision for each car/person. Since my car is not fast, efficiency is important to me and I refuse to run a spool on the street. A Tru trac diff was chosen and I wanted a big TruTrac. Also had interest in keeping a GM rear under my car, even though they are not the strongest, I chose a 12 bolt.

The market value of an 8.5 was also considered. If I broke it, the value would be $0.00. So I sold it for $2500 and that almost paid for a brand new Moser 12.
With some digging I see what you mean. Seen a few claims of Trac Loks splitting themselves due to thin material and TrueTracs cracking the carrier and gears. No word on Detroit Lockers or the higher end units, like the WaveTrac or S Trac.
Gives more food for thought, at least.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
From what I’m gathering, it’s more or less due to design. For example, the TrueTrac for the 9 inch seems to be rated at the 650hp mark, with no mention of weight or use. While others models have no defined limit.
Look at the gear pockets on a TrueTrac vs Strange’s S Trac, the Strange unit looks like it’s helical gear pockets are almost an inch longer.
The one I have in my SS I've had since 2008 and it was behind a couple T56 setups making right about 500whp, track use on drag radials too. Now it's purely street on a 400+whp setup and no issues. I drive this car with some authority too so it gets used.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If you go back to the left picture in reply #40. This is the reason I have this opinion. Basically the size of the carrier section.
Generally in drivetrains when all else is equal, smaller is not better. You can hold a door open by sitting a cinder block in front of it or stuff a piece of cardboard in the door jamb, both will hold it open but one will hold it better. Off road guys do not run the 9" for that very reason.

I'm not doubting your differential has not been trouble free and reliable. It's like arguing over what is the best bearing grease. They ALL have their pros and cons. For a street car it needs to be mentioned, the best is not the best in every category.

So basically there is 100 reasons for each decision for each car/person. Since my car is not fast, efficiency is important to me and I refuse to run a spool on the street. A Tru trac diff was chosen and I wanted a big TruTrac. Also had interest in keeping a GM rear under my car, even though they are not the strongest, I chose a 12 bolt.

The market value of an 8.5 was also considered. If I broke it, the value would be $0.00. So I sold it for $2500 and that almost paid for a brand new Moser 12.
Your post contradicts itself. The 8.5 is smaller than the 12 Bolt, therefore more efficient. I would have slapped that 8.5 TruTrac in the 8.5 Rearend and called it a day, done that a few times with GMT 800 Trucks.

Broke would not have been worthless.. just sayin.

Offroad guys run stuff that needs to handle instant binding torque, track cars only get that once on the launch, the offroad stuff gets it all the time on the trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor