Need More Vacuum Line Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRest92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2013
Ok guys after having my previous vacuum problem solved on here I'm back with another issue. I have a 1985 Buick Regal limited with the 3.8 non turbo that has a rochester 2 barrel carb. The pictures show the rear vacuum break on my carburetor and an inlet on the back of it without a vacuum line connected to it. (blue arrow shows what I mean). I've searched everywhere to find the line that belongs to it but it may have fallen out. I can buy a new vacuum line but I don't know where to connect the other end to. My engine it idling rough and sometimes stalls so I'm hoping that fixing this issue will solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2013-07-16 13.40.22.jpg
    2013-07-16 13.40.22.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,050
  • 2013-07-16 13.40.43.jpg
    2013-07-16 13.40.43.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 2,475
  • 2013-07-16 13.41.13.jpg
    2013-07-16 13.41.13.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 6,890

NoRest92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2013
Fox80 said:
http://gbodyforum.com/photos/albums/userpics/11994/normal_83cutlassemit.gif

I'm not sure but I think that is the choke pull off, looks like in the above vacuum diagram it goes to a vacuum source at the base of the carb. It would make sense it needs vacuum to pull the choke open. Not really sure, good luck

I see what you mean in the diagram, and I already have that line connected to the base of the carb. My rear vacuum break actually has 2 places where lines need to be connected, but in the diagram it looked like there was only one. Thanks though I'll be using that diagram in the future.

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
That is not a spot for a line to hook to, it is a place to put an allen wrench so you can adjust the amount of travel in the pull off. You only need one line to get the pull off to work, and it looks like you already have it. As far as the driveability issue, is the pull off working? is the carb adjusted correctly?

NoRest92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2013
tetomas said:
That is not a spot for a line to hook to, it is a place to put an allen wrench so you can adjust the amount of travel in the pull off. You only need one line to get the pull off to work, and it looks like you already have it. As far as the driveability issue, is the pull off working? is the carb adjusted correctly?

Thanks for the help again, I appreciate it. I'll have to play around with the adjustments a little to get it where I need it and hopefully that'll solve it.

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
Does your Cruise Control work? Does air blow out your dash vents when set on Vent or Norm? If those are not working properly, it is an indication the vacuum lines are hooked up wrong or loose.

rocketengine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2013
In the first picture, it looks like there is a vacuum line coming from a "Y" connection and going down beside the driver's side of the carburetor. This line usually hooks to the TherMac actuator in the air cleaner. If this line is open, it could be the cause of your problems.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor