need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigt0006

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2012
So my power steeeing pump has been a real pain in my *ss lately and i want to delete it only problem is i need a manual steering box what can i get one out of that will be a direct fit or almost a direct fit for my 87 cutlass supreme with and olds 307 vin y

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Why not just replace the power steering pump?? If you do choose to go with manual steering, you can source a manual steering box from an older S-10. I personally don't think you're going to like it too much...especially parking.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

bigt0006

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2012
Stud for the bracket snapped off in the block dont feel like drilling it out and possibly messing something up. Want to run the belt directly from the crank to the water pump. had the belt snap twice pulley alignment issue thats been fixed but everytime it snapped before the car over heats because i deleted the ac and air pump and the power steering belt is the only one running the water pump. What year s10 would i need to get it off of and what else would i nees to swap out if anything?personally i dont mind manual steering i drive my fathers chevelle all the time and im fine with it

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
If you need help drillin out the broken stud I can help. Its not really hard to do and worse case scenario is you will need to install a helicoil. Drillin out and installing one is easier and less expensive then swaping out parts if you need it done quick. Broken bolt extraction is a specialty of mine and I would be more then happy to help walk you thru it.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
or you can change it all and put in a serpentine set up...
Steve,
I guess on a serpentine setup, the P/S pump is bolted onto the serpentine bracket configuration rather than to the block. That's another solution. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor