Need some suspension advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdmechanic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
Mobile,AL.
Need some advice on springs front and back . Im taking the air off shocks and running the sensa-track coil assisted shocks. I want the stock ride height with better handling. If the rear is too low i will add the coil bags later also.
The body is sagging to the drivers side and im just going to replace all the springs. This thing just also got a 5.3 and 4l60e
installed. This thing scares me as is it bobbs/floats all over the road . I will upgrade the front sway bar later and also add a rear . I did read the a healthier spring rate will help with the floating and roll. Any input is appreciated . Love the site!

Thanks for havin me ....

Mike

Oz71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2012
North Florida
I haven't have any pics on here because most of the time I'm on a mobile device... For my car(88 cutlass) I went with the moog 5660 front coil springs, fbody 36mm sway bar with new energy suspension links and bushings, stock rear springs and new(like stock) front and year shocks from advanceauto, with a jeep Cherokee steering shaft.. Car handles better than a lot of new cars, very firm but not tight, doesn't float around and the ride height is pretty stock... That's with the regular white wall 14" tire.. I've even dared to go around a pretty nice corner going 40 mph and it took it well.. Stayed between the lines...
Hope this helps a little.. Others may chime in...
Btw- my motor is a stock olds 350/400 trans, AC car...

Emdmechanic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
Mobile,AL.
Thanks for the info ... Its actually what i was looking for . Looks like the spring rate for those are 640. I read where a few people have went with that spring for the front and are satisfied with it . I guess ill join them . They arent terribly expensive and if i dont like it i can try something else. As for the rears i went with the factory hd constant rate replacement spring. I cant get the 5660 's or sensa-track rear shocks local so those are on order .Now to find the roll bar.. 36mm F-body? What years and were they v-6/v-8 cars? Ill do some looking in the mean time. Thanks again!

Mike

Emdmechanic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2012
Mobile,AL.
Nice! Thanks again. Where in north flordia are you ? I lived in pensacola for a few years and moved back to mobile a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor