need tailight harness for 86 camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
hey guys i recently bought a el camino tailight harness off here and its the wrong one, the car is an 86 el camino and the plugs are different does any one know why? well i need onewith the correct plug

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Here's pic of correct plug

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 302

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If I'm not mistaken, the El Camino plug/ harness has an extra couple of leads. The one that you obtained is most likely for a wagon.
They're definitely different.
The El Camino harness includes the sockets for the side marker lights. The wagon harness does not include the side marker wires and sockets...they're wired separately.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I just looked at the harness I bought months ago...it's the same as the 3rd pic...mine is a 79 and I was told the harness was from a 79. I have yet to check the actual plug on the Camino. This harness does have the rear side marker light connections...so it may be a year thing...I had a wagon harness here but didn't check the configuration of the plug.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Ya it must be a year thing .. I wonder what the extra slot is for .. I'm pretty sure it came off a Camino an 81

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think the one I have is from a later ('85-'86) Camino. I can try to take a pic or two of it.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
I sent the harness and it has all the bulbs and sockets,,dont know what could be diffferent,,it is off a 80,,,same one i sent a picture of,,,

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Ya it's not your fault buddy. He brought his car over and the plug in is different because his is an 86 I didn't think they were different but it must be

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor