Need tips on removing steering wheel on 84 Cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think he is talking about #7 in the diagram. You don't need to remove that to change the wheel...

gm-upper-brg.gif

I think you are talking about the nut retainer...

0900c152801c9464.gif

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
pontiacgp said:
I think he is talking about #7 in the diagram. You don't need to remove that to change the wheel...

gm-upper-brg.gif

I think you are talking about the nut retainer...

0900c152801c9464.gif
Yes, number 7 in that picture. I didn't think I needed it on mine and overtime my steering wheel became loose. Just don't want to get into any accidents bro.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no need for the :oops: .....you said this was the first time to switch a wheel and it takes a smart person to ask questions before instead of after

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
pontiacgp said:
no need for the :oops: .....you said this was the first time to switch a wheel and it takes a smart person to ask questions before instead of after
Thanks and I should defiantly get a nut retainer like littlerascle59 showed being the nut was already loose on removal.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
That wheel looks much better.. And that is one big *ss signature you got there man, haha.. :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ZZ4CutlaSS said:
dlo253 said:
That wheel looks much better.. And that is one big *ss signature you got there man, haha.. :D
Thanks man! I agree so I tuned it down a bit :mrgreen:

you not only tuned it down you put the front clip back on, man you're fast... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor