Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
:shock: Check this out...

Over the Back Fence: More on the New El Camino

Love it? Hate it? Call it GTO-amino?

thunder_2_quarter.jpg

Its RWD, and I suppose technically a GM... :roll: The General just isn't *getting it* lately is he?

low_blazer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Holden has been producing the Ute for a long time now. Personally, I kinda like the newer ones that are on the G8 platform. And hell, the SS models come with an LS motor...you cant beat that..lol. I'd love to see it introduced to the US market. Sales will probably suck, but I'd do my damnedest to pick one up..

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I think it would sell better then the SSR. The SSR looks bad but this Australian"el camino" looks pretty good. I would get one if the camaro did not look so sweet. Do they have them around the U.S. yet?

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
This pic is a year or two old.....
But with an LS1....wow!!
AussieUtester.jpg

This is about a 3-4 year old pic.
Who wouldn't like an LS1 6 speed version of this(with nicer paint,of course),or the one above?
Aussieute.jpg

In my opinion,all they need is a bit larger rear wheel/tire combo,with a bit larger rear wheel opening so they have a big and little look to them.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
ryanwitski said:
I think it would sell better then the SSR.
Anything is better than the SSR. I think they would take off in the states if they offered the C6 Vette Drivetrain in them. GM needs to start building high horsepower rwd sedans again! :D

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
The bedsides are too tall. That makes the wheels seem little. Alot like the new F-150s; why ARE the bedsides so tall on those??

Snaggle To0th

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2007
West Sacramento
from recent discussions I doubt they will ever import it over here. Although! They are working importing the Holden Commadore for the new Impala, G8(grand prix), then also for Buick and Oldsmobile models I belive too.. For sure on the Impala and G8.

-Anduh

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
Chevyman85 said:
ryanwitski said:
I think it would sell better then the SSR.
Anything is better than the SSR. I think they would take off in the states if they offered the C6 Vette Drivetrain in them. GM needs to start building high horsepower rwd sedans again! :D
i agree

Derpinguin44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2006
Prost, to the Ute.

I've been knowing about it for the longest time, and as a HUGE El Camino fan(but having no money to buy up as much as I'd like) the only two other cars other than the el camino that have caught my eyes are the Ute and the SSR(With the LS motor and tremec 6 speed, won't go for anything else).

And to answer GP403, Holden is the Australian branch of GM.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Holden makes some pretty cool cars. We're going to be seeing a lot more of them in the states. The new Pontiac G8 is built off of a Holden platform and is going to be built down there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor