New Elky From Australia? Can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elco_80

n00b
Jul 28, 2007
It's the same chassis as the Holden Monaro, Holden Commodore, and Pontiac GTO.

Car Craft magazine had a shot of one and a little one page writeup about 4 years ago. They're pretty bad *ss, and Holden's Special Vehicle group, whatever they're called, make quite a bit of nifty stuff for them. www.holden.com.au

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
they are okay i dunno probably wouldn't buy one myself though, but the lumina SS aka 4 door GTO those are awesome i think they have them there too

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
Snaggle To0th said:
from recent discussions I doubt they will ever import it over here. Although! They are working importing the Holden Commadore for the new Impala, G8(grand prix), then also for Buick and Oldsmobile models I belive too.. For sure on the Impala and G8.

-Anduh

This one was spotted in Detroit a few months ago.
Could be a GM test mule.

holden1.jpg

holden2.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Oldsmobile is no more, so it is highly unlikely we will ever see one in an Olds Version. That delivery version reminds me of the Holden Torana delivery driven in the original Road Warrior by Max's family when they go on vacation and get attacked by the bikers leading to his rampage in the XB Falcon.

As far as Holden goes, it's about the only bright spot in GM. Most of GM's new US vehicles are pretty much worthless, ugly garbage that no one really wants. I'd buy a Holden, and would prefer it was labeled as a Holden, not something pretending to be an American car. Heck, I say process all of the new 2008 GM cars still on lots through a car shredder and send the metal to Australia. At least they will do something useful with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor