Status
Not open for further replies.

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
hello all. my name's chris and i'm a new/first time g body owner, although not new to the car at all. i just semi inherited it from my dad, who was forced to give it up, due to the township breaking balls over unregistered vehicles on his buddy's property. i was raised turning wrenches on this car, so it has far more sentimental value, than dollar value.

so on with the car.. it's a 79 cutlass calais with a 305 (bored .030) and a TH350 trans. she had a frame off resto about 14-15 years ago, but was sitting in the woods for the past 10 years of her life. unfortunately, most of the things done when the body came off the frame are toast, and then some. i'm currently putting together a turbo 355 build for it, to replace the 305. she needs some serious body help, after sitting for so long, so that's number 1 on the list. i'll have to gather some of this pictures i have, from both then and now. but here's 1 for now, if it'll work lol

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vko3whsi6st5dnz/H36tuTJ7Et

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
no idea if that link works for anyone besides me.. but figured out how to upload the few pics i have on my pos phone, to photobucket. i'll have more, soon. i've just been beating the snot out of it and fixing whatever breaks, lately lol.. i did peel the top off, which i don't have any pictures of. there was rust spreading uunderneithe it, so it had to go

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Man that cleaned up nice considering in the first pics it looks like it belongs in a junkyard! Nice and welcome aboard!

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
thanks, but she looks horrible compared to what she looked like when she was parked.. it was spotless, the wheels still looked brand new, interior in perfect shape, motor all nice, clean and show ready. it practically was in a junnkyard lol.. the guy has over 30 cars/trucks sitting on his property.. all 'future projects' like a 71 challenger, a few 50's chevy trucks, 53, 54 and 55 chevy coupes and sedans.. i guess it's safe to say he's a 4-wheel pack rat, like me lol

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome aboard, Chris.

Doug

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
thanks!

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
thanks, i need it at this point lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor