Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
MrLightning said:
DoubleV said:
Link don't work.

I cant seem to open the actual pic ON the site either.

Im a member of that website and I can and sometimes can not log in. Is anybody aware if this website is in functioning order? Can anybody else (whos a member) log in? and see the thread attached to my last post?

very odd!
Link works for me too after I log in.
I log on to the site every day from three different computers with no issues.
Try logging in from the forum and not the home page, that can be an issue with how your computer remembers if you are logged in with the cookie settings.
I find that as an issue on other forums as well... usually it's your cookie settings on your computer that creates login issues.
Gbodyforum gives me problems when I try to login from a different screen besides the home page.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Link don't work. Just save the pic to your computer and then upload the pic directly here.

I'm not electrically inclined either but you don't need to be to do what you need to do. All you're doing is bypassing the relay. Just get a piece of wire and make a connection where I mentioned above. It doesn't have to be permanent or look pretty. Just do it to see if it works. It should take you all of 5 minutes.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
You may be looking at the wrong thing. Where you need to be is that there is a relay mounted on the front area of your A/C housing, near the firewall, I think you are at the compressor near the front of the motor. Go to the relay at the A/C it is about 1in by 2in held on with a screw. On 1985 the wires you connect together is the black with green stripe to the black with white stripe. The brown wire goes to the ECM so cut it and tape it off and the last wire is a green wire, tape it off as well. If your colors are different the two wires you need to splice together are larger then the two wires you will tape off.

1984Hurst/Olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2012
Monroe Center, IL
Does anyone know if what jociha said is the same for an '84 H/O? I disconnected my computer as well, and want to get my A/C working.

I can't see the picture on the Olds 442 forum, either. I registered, but haven't received the activation email yet.

Thanks,
John

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
1984Hurst/Olds said:

I can't see the picture on the Olds 442 forum, either. I registered, but haven't received the activation email yet.
Check your spam folder if you are expecting an email and it doesn't show up in you inbox.

1984Hurst/Olds said:
Does anyone know if what jociha said is the same for an '84 H/O? I disconnected my computer as well, and want to get my A/C working.
Works for all 81-88 Cutlasses, just follow the wire diagram.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
I hope this helps.
T

Attachments

• Ac Wiring non CCC.jpg
    Ac Wiring non CCC.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 508

1984Hurst/Olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2012
Monroe Center, IL
Thanks!

I'm going out to see what I can do!

John

1984Hurst/Olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 16, 2012
Monroe Center, IL
OK, I don't know if this is going to work or not, but I just uploaded some pictures from my phone, showing the different connectors.

Before I go cutting up wires, I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I'm also confused as to which is the relay. I'm thinking it's the black thing, with the wires coming out of the bottom of it, and not the thing on the fenderwell, with the 3 prong plug (that I unhooked) next to it.

I also took a picture of the 'junction', where the wiring comes from the A/C compressor, and gets split up. There's a plug there (next to the distributor), that I'm guessing plugs into one of the plugs from the computer side wiring?

Anyway, if you can help me, I'd appreciate it!

John

Attachments

• 20140701_160747.jpg
    20140701_160747.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 493
  • 20140701_160925.jpg
    20140701_160925.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 489
  • 20140701_160823.jpg
    20140701_160823.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 481
  • 20140701_160740.jpg
    20140701_160740.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 496

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
The first pic is the relay, connect together the two larger wires and tape off the two smaller wires, this is the relay to be removed after, it is no longer needed.
If you disconnected your computer your torque converter will not lock up in high gear unless you have already addressed that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor