Parts or project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIN_20151204_124759.JPG
WIN_20151204_124910.JPG
I picked up this 85 442 from a scrapper that picks up our junk steel. It's a sunroof car and came with a title. As you can see there is no engine or trans in the car. the interior is pretty rough, but has a few pieces that I can use. It still has the limited slip rear and an aluminum front rebar. Been sitting outside for the last 11 yrs. I originally planned on parting it given the condition, what do you guys think?

Just noticed that I had said it came with a file, meant to say clear title.

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If it is as clean as the pictures and the frame etc. is good then I would say restore it, plus I really like power sunroofs.
I also find interior work relatively easy to do and I am sure you could easily find a 307 to throw in there or something else.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I agree with 565....it's one of my favorite color combos for the 442. Looks like it even has the fiber optics option.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For the interior things like the seats you can get a PUI kit and reupholster them and they probably sell upper door panels for that car also, then any missing trim pieces find and paint them with some SEM to match.
If the headliner is like mine it is just stretched and glued material with no board.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Looks nice. If the frame is in good shape I would definately restore it or sell it to someone who can. No sense in destroying it. BTW what is an "aluminum front rebar"?

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
SAVE IT !!!!

sure it's a project , that will be $$$ but it's what we do. it's this or hanging out in strip bars.

it's paint match's mine to a T , sadly.

when you say sunroof car... like the factory astro roof ? or me and a saw alls sunroof .

if you part it mine will become more rare.

but seriously if you do not have the time , space to store till you have the time .

find it a good home , there is a g body person out here willing to love it

Last edited:

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Definitely make a project out of it, looks 100x nicer than my Cutlass did when I first got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor