Pgh, PA
Interested John C Reilly GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I was up there on Saturday, I don't know about you guys but I thought it was one of the worst ones in years as far as parts. Just tons and tons of junk. If you were looking for driver quality wheels, 90s truck parts, tires, cheap tools or hotwheels cars, you probably did alright. But car parts was a total strikeout. Anyone catch the carburetor that looked like it was dipped in silver paint? I felt that was an accurate representation overall of the parts offerings.

There was a 12 bolt for a '67 Chevelle that was supposedly rebuilt but the quality of rebuild would've been a shot in the dark... plus he wanted $3000 for it.
The parts selection ain’t even half of the issues there were this year.

If y’all don’t mind a little rant….

I paid for 2 10 foot wide by 30 foot long spots in May by the organizer’s recommendation.
$65 each, so $130 total. My father and I get there, get our info packet and vehicle stickers, then head to our spots.
What they failed to mention is the spots aren’t actually 10x30, they’re 7x25 as my 03 Silverado barely fit in one width wise, AND 3/4 of one of my spots has the main electrical panel for the food vendors and the southern side lighting for the entire fairgrounds with a 15 foot- thigh high fence right in the middle of it.
They gave my unused spots at no charge, but these were 10x20 and I needed a 3rd spot as a result, had to pay for that and a $50 electrical hookup. So that’s $245 for everything after they failed to mention the spots they recommended to me in May had 2/3ish of their footprint taken up.

Then they were supposed to leave the vendor gate along the main highway open all night Thursday into Friday morning. It was locked up at 10pm. With no available exits for vehicles otherwise.
There was supposed to be a group of people driving around in golf carts selling ice. They had a death in the family and had to cancel 2 days before load in on Monday. No announcement for that was made before they locked the gate over the PA system, we just to had to find that out for ourselves.

The icing on the cake for me was that they decided they didn’t want to mail out forms for vendors to renew their spots for next year, the promoters were just going to have you pre-pay for next year as you left on Sunday.

Sorry about the wall ‘o text.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor