Pittsburgh/Big Butler Part A Rama

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Make sure not to be driving the monte....
Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I’ve got a 4150 up here that’ll probably run better than that EFI… ;)
I've got a couple old downdraft carbs and monojets that could even meet that bar, not a high challenge you're setting.... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well, outside of hanging out with (getting extorted by) UC645, it was a bust for me. UC645 did give me great deal on seatbelts he pulled for me last year & some extra parts for my stash. Even the Jr. Mechanic had a good time hanging with him & his dad.

Not sure if it's the outfit running it now or just how most swap meets are now, but it just seemed like there wasn't anything really woth it there. The Jr. Mechanic had a good but not great selection for his Hot Wheels habit, the tool guys didn't have the selection, first gen Camaros had more parts there, even the "junk" was thin. Maybe I'll have better luck at the one at the Pittsburgh Raceway Park at the end of the month or try Canfield.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well, outside of hanging out with (getting extorted by) UC645, it was a bust for me. UC645 did give me great deal on seatbelts he pulled for me last year & some extra parts for my stash. Even the Jr. Mechanic had a good time hanging with him & his dad.

Not sure if it's the outfit running it now or just how most swap meets are now, but it just seemed like there wasn't anything really woth it there. The Jr. Mechanic had a good but not great selection for his Hot Wheels habit, the tool guys didn't have the selection, first gen Camaros had more parts there, even the "junk" was thin. Maybe I'll have better luck at the one at the Pittsburgh Raceway Park at the end of the month or try Canfield.
Did mclellan83 make it?

Or, should I say, did anyone see his monte broken down after cars and coffee again while they were out and about, and/or, hear the cursing (picture the furnace battles in A Christmas Story) floating on the wind?

:devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Did mclellan83 make it?

Or, should I say, did anyone see his monte broken down after cars and coffee again while they were out and about, and/or, hear the cursing (picture the furnace battles in A Christmas Story) floating on the wind?

:devilish:
Didn't hear any near it speaking/cursing in Monte Carlo & Holley.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Didn't hear any near it speaking/cursing in Monte Carlo & Holley.
What we really need to remember to ask is whether when it breaks if the sooty smoke curls out from the tailpipe or Sniper unit, maybe even just the front grille opening the way they always zoomed on the heat register in the movie.

That would add to the picture nicely

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I was up there on Saturday, I don't know about you guys but I thought it was one of the worst ones in years as far as parts. Just tons and tons of junk. If you were looking for driver quality wheels, 90s truck parts, tires, cheap tools or hotwheels cars, you probably did alright. But car parts was a total strikeout. Anyone catch the carburetor that looked like it was dipped in silver paint? I felt that was an accurate representation overall of the parts offerings.

There was a 12 bolt for a '67 Chevelle that was supposedly rebuilt but the quality of rebuild would've been a shot in the dark... plus he wanted $3000 for it.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor