Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
86-blk442 said:
I couldn't imagine them looking good on the side of the car since the quarter window is flush with the body. It would look like a bulge in the side of an otherwise pretty flat side of the car..

I have to agree I think they would look totally out of place sticking out when the driver's and passenger windows are set in a ways.
The only car I ever liked that had louvered quarter windows was a 1973 Grand Am and even those were flush to the body.
I think that was more of a 70's thing along with Trans Ams rear window louvers and it should probably stay in the 70"s.

Attachments

• 73_Grand_Am_DrvrSde2.jpg
    73_Grand_Am_DrvrSde2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 248

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I've never seen one for the 1/4 windows, but bigblockfrank on this forum has/had one for the back glass of a 81-88 Cutlass.

H/O442GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2014
ya I know about the ones for the rear glass. I am not a big fan they look weird. I was looking for something more like this.

Attachments

• 1998-2009-ford-ranger-window-louver-ventshade[1].jpg
    1998-2009-ford-ranger-window-louver-ventshade[1].jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 210

H/O442GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2014
Thank you everyone that contributed to this discussion! After some hard looking at it and taking into consideration your comments I believe it would look a little weird and possibly make it harder to see. I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen them on one of these cars or if they had a picture so I could see what it looked like for real. once again thanks for all of your help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor