product reviews

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I will read reviews before buying parts whenever possible,summit seems to have a good base of customers that leave reviews.I base a lot of my purchases on what others say.what are your thoughts on people's parts reviews and does it sway your judgment at all?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sometimes it makes me ponder. Depends on the feedback. If I suspect they're paid, or bots, or whatever, I usually dismiss those. Someone that has an or-gasm telling how great a product is might be a bit overboard. Sometimes reading several gives you a clue on what to expect.

I also find that depending on the product, it makes a difference on how many reviews there are. If a product has 3 reviews, that doesn't give me enough sample size. But say, 4,000 reviews and 90% say a product is good, it might hold some sway. Then again, if seemingly every complaint (which just the complaints usually tend to dominate reviews sometimes) or most complaints say something like "bolt on outlet is weak and tends to break off" would lead me to question the quality of at least the outlet bolt.

With all that trash said, I view someone from the forum, or someone I know who has actually tried something, as a more valid opinion than people I've never heard of or have no idea about. Yet I take it all under advisement and decide on my own.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I look at those reviews being submitted and I look for hard specific detail as to WHY it is being given the rating the poster says. the more detail the better. did they call Summit/Jegs etc and get a reason from them that they've included in the review?

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Absolutely but know what you are reading.

Like Classic Industries has many positive product reviews but they are just general or fake feedback. Never is it specifically about the item for sale.

Then some things can NOT be finalized as a good or bad, yes or no, cheap or expensive. Like my review on the Regal header panel. Too many factors to let the entire purchase be a good or bad so I wrote an entire thread to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor