Putting a 572 in 87 monte carlo ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Not sure about the rad it was on the car when I bought it.
Fan,and shroud are stock Monte stuff.
The clutch fan itself was for a HD p/u truck.
Guy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What is your total budget for this build?
I can easily see $20,000+ for this build including the crate engine but not including any labor for the install or modification or fabrication of any parts.
Labor can be extremely expensive on anything that is not a direct swap.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

David Ratkay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2016
I can easily see $20,000+ for this build including the crate engine but not including any labor for the install or modification or fabrication of any parts.
Well
Well the project is going to take a few years to complete.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I have a Ford 9 inch in mine,but one of the Dana 60 rearends would be the ultimate.
Guy

David Ratkay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2016
Well
Well the project is going to take a few years to complete.
I have a Ford 9 inch in mine,but one of the Dana 60 rearends would be the ultimate.
Guy
http://www.moserengineering.com/com...-dana-60-built-to-order-rear-end-package.html

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Why not just install a healthy small block, it is a direct swap for your 305 everything fits that is bolted on your engine and will swap over even the AC.
Then you can upgrade the trans and rearend as your budget allows but still be able to drive your car and if you decide to go with a BBC later on you can save up for that and do the engine swap all at once.

• Agree

David Ratkay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 20, 2016
Why not just install a healthy small block, it is a direct swap for your 305 everything fits that is bolted on your engine and will swap over even the AC.
Then you can upgrade the trans and rearend as your budget allows but still be able to drive your car and if you decide to go with a BBC later on you can save up for that and do the engine swap all at once.
What about a 350 temporarily?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can put in a 350, 383 etc and all are direct swaps and probably make more than double the horsepower you have now.
Also do have emissions testing in your state?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor