Rally Dash in a V6 Regal/ Column to Floor Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastEnder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
Can it be done? Could I get a rally dash from a cutty, monte or GP and hook it up to my V6 regal?

Also how hard is it to convert her to a floor shifter from a column mount? Is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks for any help.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
EastEnder said:
Can it be done? Could I get a rally dash from a cutty, monte or GP and hook it up to my V6 regal?

sure, why not?

be careful, some of those old foam dashes disintegrate when you take em out. Could end up being a lot more trouble than it's worth...

Also how hard is it to convert her to a floor shifter from a column mount? Is it pretty straight forward?

hard, yes. unless you have access to a shop lift

straight forward, yes

EastEnder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
thanks for the help. I guess what I mean to say is, if I could swap in a set of rally gauges, not so much the dash piece itself.

What is the hard part of the floor shifter? connecting it to the trans? Is there a sticky or good site to reference for this? Im sure its popular.

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
Be careful taking out the side vents on each side of the rally pac, these must be removed to get to the screws inside which hold the padded front piece in, they are held in by spring clips and some hold very well,

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
if you buy a B&M or Hurst Shifter its pretty straight forward. just drill 5 holes, 4 mounting holes and 1 for the cable then get under the car and but cable bracket on pan and put shift arm on and adjust the cable. then hook up reverse light switch and neutral safety switch. if you look at some of my threads i have a build thread where you can see how i put in my mega shifter. can be done with just a floor jack

mpneroz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2009
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton PA
Very simple job. Just switched my 79 Regal Turbo Coupe over from ugly red crushed velour split bench to correct vinyl hard back Regal buckets and console, you'd never know! I went to a local yard, bought the trans cable brackets off a 79 Grand Prix (exactly the same) with a floor shifter, drilled holes to mount the console/shifter and a hole for the cable to run through. Bucket seats matched right up with the existing holes from the 55/45 split seats already in the car. I also pulled the steering column from the Regal and replaced my column with the shifter handle out.

Gbody interiors are still easy to get, any Monte/GP/Cutty will work. I'm not sure where you are from but I have an extra stock floor shifter (from the GP) along with an extra set of hardback buckets and a complete back seat (foam intact need recovered) that I was gonna have done until I found the Regal in red vinyl that I used. I had originally planned to drive my Regal as it was while the buckets were being recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor