convert regular dash gauge to a rally gauge

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
my plans this summer is to replace my 87 cutlass regular dash gauge cluster with a rally gauge. i have a diagram i found the web that show which pins that need switching around. wondering if anyone has done this and has some advice they can share on how to get the pins out and reinstall properly, And what tools you used to get the job done. any advice you have will be greatly appreciated.

PVDave

Apprentice
Oct 28, 2021
Arvada, CO
Any advice on how to get the pins out and reinstall properly?
The pins come out very easily on theses connectors, just be sure to push the terminals all the way in when you pry down on the lock. This way, the terminal does not hold the lock in place during removal. To reinstall the terminals, just be sure the curved section of the terminal faces the correct direction in the cavity. The terminals pop right back in without any tools.

And what tools you used to get the job done?
Get a box of "T" pins from an office supply store (or a couple from the office bulletin board). T-pins are very stiff and have a sharp point, making them perfect for this connector. Custom tools are available, but for this application T-pins work just as well.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor