RF Trim Piece repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeClassic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
Trim piece fell off last night while driving. Thank god I noticed it and turned around and grabbed it. I didn't find where to get the necessary plastic parts and how to repair it with the search function can anyone help? 1988 right front metal trim piece.

Attachments

• 20150129_160347.jpeg
    20150129_160347.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 20150129_153111.jpeg
    20150129_153111.jpeg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 353

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I dont really understand how those clips are supposed to work...I just used 3m double sided. It certainly holds alot better than those clips...

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I'm in the same boat... but at least you found your trim! :D I need both trim and clips and apparently it's worth top $$ :|

88olds32

Apprentice
Feb 10, 2014
I went through the same issue a few weeks ago with the rear side chrome trim piece. The prongs on the two old clips broke off, so I purchased two new plastic clips from gbodyparts.com. I'm sure there are plenty of methods, but I simply drilled two holes where the existing two clip mounting locations were located, then screwed in the two new clips with screws. Fastening the chrome trim piece was tricky. Holding the trim piece at about a 25 degree angle from the body of the car, I was able to insert the clip prongs into the lower part of the trim piece (they are somewhat flexible). I then held the trim piece flush with the body and softly pushed it up a tad until it clipped into place. Hope that helps.

SupremeClassic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
88olds32 said:
I went through the same issue a few weeks ago with the rear side chrome trim piece. The prongs on the two old clips broke off, so I purchased two new plastic clips from gbodyparts.com. I'm sure there are plenty of methods, but I simply drilled two holes where the existing two clip mounting locations were located, then screwed in the two new clips with screws. Fastening the chrome trim piece was tricky. Holding the trim piece at about a 25 degree angle from the body of the car, I was able to insert the clip prongs into the lower part of the trim piece (they are somewhat flexible). I then held the trim piece flush with the body and softly pushed it up a tad until it clipped into place. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I appreciate it! :D

SupremeClassic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2014
88hurstolds said:
I have these for the right pass. fender, $10 each
The skinny one is for the rear fender.

Sorry man I have already ordered em off Gbodparts :( I did that last night before I saw this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor