Roll cage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2015
My current build with my car is getting a little out of hand ( 6.0 LS, Billet S480 ). For piece of mind I'm going to put a roll cage in the car. Anyone have a preference on a specific cage? Would like to keep back seat usable, have factory door panels. Car will see more street time than track. I only have a wire feed welder if that makes a difference. Not looking for anything specific, just trying to stay safe in the event it gets away from me.

Thanks in advance

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Bought an S&W and modified it - the main hoope fit good and I modified the down bars to follow the window and then bend down in the sail panel area, kept the bars to the outside of the trunk hinges and it picks up the frame behind the wheel house. Keeps the trunk wide open and retains the back seat. Been call back to tech many times for no cage as it is hard to see.

83 regal 019.jpg

IMG_4441.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Robby05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2015
what shape are your body bushings and frame in. Have you upgraded your frame?

Frame is in good shape. One place by rear bumper needs attention. And I would assume it needs body mounts. Will take a look at them tonight. Have a frame brace kit to install as well

plumberkevin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2016
Where are you located at?
I would save your money until you can spend a little more. Find a chassie guy to bend it the way you want and Tig weld it on.

Robby05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 21, 2015
Where are you located at?
I would save your money until you can spend a little more. Find a chassie guy to bend it the way you want and Tig weld it on.
Spokane, Wa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor