S10 Drop Spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

impala68

n00b
Mar 11, 2013
I just installed jegs 2" (Parts number 555 64020) drop spindles on my 78 Malibu. I cannot get the rotors back on due to the bearings being to small diameter. Can I purchase replacement bearings for the 80 Spindles and use them in the stock rotors? If yes will the brake caliper then still work also?

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
Well considering the S10 used the same spindle/rotor as the G-bodies (later years) I would imagine all you need is a set of bearings for a mid 80's gbody. I am not sure if the rotors are the same. But just do a rock auto search on both vehicles to verify that. :wink:

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
I just went through this when a buddy's 78 El needed a new spindle. The spindles, brake rotors, and bearings are different on 78 as compared with the 79-87. If using S10 dropped spindles you will need new brake rotors and wheel bearings for 79-87 G-bodies, or in your case to keep SAE wheel studs 79-81 as later used metric lugs. All calipers, pads, brake lines, etc. will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor