SBC parts info needed

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
Hey GBF, I recently bought a long block motor and the front serpentine setup. Pic attached. What parts are left for me to buy? I have the intake manifold and carb. I know im gonna need a harmonic balancer, don’t know which one but besides that I’m at a lost. It’s going to just be a cruiser. So nothing high performance or anything. TIA. I also have a th350 that I’m needing to figure out what torque converter and flywheel I need also.

Thanks GBF.

Attachments

• IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 28

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You need to find out how the engine is balanced. If it’s a 1 piece rear seal they were externally balanced on the flexplate and neutral up front. In a 2 piece seal 350 it’s neutral and neutral. But look at pioneer street strip balancers from summit. And a summit flexplate will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
1 piece rear main and there is a list of recommended components here.
If they have a hydraulic roller cam upgrade I would get that.

Recommended Components:
• Balancer: PowerBond internal balance 8” #PB1046-N
• Flexplate/Flywheel: Pioneer #FRA-159 external balance 168 tooth
• Intake Manifold: Weiand stealth dual plane #8150
• Distributor: HEI (Iron gear)
• Water Pump: OE long pump
• Carburetor: Quick Fuel 680CFM vacuum secondary’s with electric choke #HR-680
• Fuel Pump: Holley mechanical 110GPH #12-327-11
• Spark Plugs: Champion #RV12C
• Spark Plug Wires: 8mm

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Another thing to consider is ATK is now charging a $510 core so if you don't have a usable 350 block to give them then this is out of pocket.

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Another thing to consider is ATK is now charging a $510 core so if you don't have a usable 350 block to give them then this is out of pocket.
you have to pay to ship the core back? or do they?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hey GBF, I recently bought a long block motor and the front serpentine setup.
I must have skipped this part where you already bought this stuff (selective reading), I thought this was in your cart for consideration for an upgrade.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I think the biggest issue for many is they are going from a stock 305 to a new upgraded SBC so their core would not be accepted.

Core Policy

For core pickup please go to: WWW.COREPICKUP.COM and fill out the request. You MUST have your serial number off your products prior to submitting the request.

Due to the increased scarcity of cores and quality of cores ATK has no choice but to implement a core charge on our High Performance Engines. Once ATK receives your core and inspects it, it will take about 30 days to get your refund in the mail. If you did not purchase your engine directly from ATK, your core credit would be reimbursed by the company you purchased it through, NOT from ATK.
To schedule a Core Pickup please go to: https://mycarcare.info/request-a-core-pickup/ and follow the steps. ATK does cover the freight to get your core back to us. You will just need to have it palletized or in a crate free of all fluids for pickup.

• Engine Size/Family Qualifications – The core returned must be the same cubic inch as the core purchased i.e. Chevy 350 for a Chevy 350, NOT a 305 for a 350 core. In regards to Year/Generation ATK will accept any for your core return.
  • Core Condition– All cores returned must be in rebuildable condition to receive core credit. Like-for-like cores returned without visible holes or cracks in the block, not missing any parts, drained and bolted to the undamaged supplied skid will receive full credit.
  • Short Block Cores – A short block core will consist of the same components the engine is shipped with (Complete Block, Crankshaft, Connecting Rods & Pistons). If you decide to ship the engine back with any additional components (Camshaft, Heads, Etc.), no additional credit will be issued.
  • Engine Cores – A engine core will consist of the long block which will include (Complete Block, Crankshaft, Connecting Rods, Pistons, Camshaft, Cylinder Heads, Valve Train & Timing Components). If you decide to ship the engine back with any additional components, no additional credit will be issued.

Call Her Bu

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2012
Arlington, TX
I piece rear main and there is a list of recommended components here.
If they have a hydraulic roller cam upgrade I would get that.

Recommended Components:
• Balancer: PowerBond internal balance 8” #PB1046-N
• Flexplate/Flywheel: Pioneer #FRA-159 external balance 168 tooth
• Intake Manifold: Weiand stealth dual plane #8150
• Distributor: HEI (Iron gear)
• Water Pump: OE long pump
• Carburetor: Quick Fuel 680CFM vacuum secondary’s with electric choke #HR-680
• Fuel Pump: Holley mechanical 110GPH #12-327-11
• Spark Plugs: Champion #RV12C
• Spark Plug Wires: 8mm
Thanks!!! This is the exact info I was looking for.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor