Serpentine setup for zz383 crate motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I did some searching and am not 100 percent sure what will fit. I have read about the fbody setups, blazer v6 setups, caprice, etc. Which one fits with the least mods? I want to keep AC. Do all of the previous mentioned setups have a smog pump? Looking for some feedback. Thanks everyone!

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I used the set up from a 4.3 1989 S10 Blazer. It bolted right up except for one brace that went back to the intake manifold that would not fit. It did not have a snog pump but I used all of the Blazer accessories.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I checked out the gmpp serpentine setup, but from what I've seen it looks like the same thing as an fbody setup. Another question I have is if my stock compressor, alternator and power steering pump would work with the fbody brackets.

gbody13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2011
Cape Girardeau, MO
If im not mistaken the setup from a 91-95 chevy v8 or V6 of the same year will bolt right up. These have 2 seperate brackets that bolt to the block vs one big horseshoe bracket. That is what im using on my ZZ350 block and they work fine.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
I used a v-6 Blazer set up on my 406 sbc motor and I added a 120 amp alternator on mine......

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAtMjAxMDA0MjgtMTYwN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor