MOTOR INSTALL 3.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 842

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
ChiefCut83 said:
Chevy 350 .60 over!!!
vortech heads? I see vertical intake bolts? Is that an edelbrock highrise rpm?

ChiefCut83

Apprentice
Dec 24, 2011
Did you drill and tap for the 4 bolts on the middle of the intake?[/quote]
The guy whole I bought the engine from built it, so I'm not sure but I'm interested now. Is this a common thing you must do in order to use the vortec heads?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
ChiefCut83 said:
Did you drill and tap for the 4 bolts on the middle of the intake?
The guy whole I bought the engine from built it, so I'm not sure but I'm interested now. Is this a common thing you must do in order to use the vortec heads?[/quote]

Not exactly. Vortec heads only have 8 bolts for the intake total, and they are straight up and down. Your's looks to have the traditional 12 that are on an angle. Chances are you have swirl port heads not vortecs. If it was sold to you as vortecs then i'd check the casting number to see what you actually have. The Vortecs are better than swirl ports, but most people think that just because it has center bolt valve covers it must be a vortec, which ins't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor