Slammedi'ams sloooooow build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slammedi'am

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2010
Cleveland,TN
As of right now it is serving DD purpose...Not going for a total show car but one hell of a DD....Heres a lil history on the car

My Dad bought the car back in 98ish...It was a one owner 87 model w/69k miles..Here is a pic with my first car..It was a 80 model but wound up going to the junkyard

In 2001,I was hit head on in it by an 85 year old man...No one was hurt..

Dad kept the car and rebuilt it...We found a 84 for a donor car...Dad drove it for a few more years and then let the car sit and only used it to pull his lawn mower with lol...

Up about 3 years ago,I started driving it more and now in the process of redoing it..Gonna go with old and new...I love the look of auto x cars and prob go that route...Heres some latest pics of it

Junkyard score on the 87 set up

Out with the old

In search of a parts car right now....Going to build my frame up and swap the body over....Also got to replace the roof cause of the vinyl top...Car was factory non vinyl but one was put on aftermarket.. Between 2 toys it will take me a while to get this going good....Im just happy to be messing w a Olds again..

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Nice score on the nose, dig those lights. This car will build up well - nice lines.

Jim

slammedi'am

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2010
Cleveland,TN
Thanks man....Trying to get a parts car lined up so I can get a frame and get started on it...Gonna be a fun DD when I get done with it

slammedi'am

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2010
Cleveland,TN
Picked up a complete interior (minus dash) from a guy last week...Got alot of stuff from him and the junkyards.....Now to find a seat harness....Gonna pull carpet this weekend...Got some rust in the floor but no holes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor