Stock Wiring Harness

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
I have two wires going to my temp sensor. I’m gonna go double check the colors.
IMG_0486.jpeg

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
Could be the Idle Stop Solenoid (ISS) or idle kicker on the carb. This is a solenoid that allows the idle to increase when A/C is active. It is de-energized when the car or A/C is shut off to prevent "dieseling" (engine run-on). This system is used to compensate for the required idle speed increase to offset the drag of the compressor, without having to raise the hard stop on the throttle shaft of the carb.

s-l500.jpg

This actually makes more sense to me than the temp sender, given the location where the wire exits the harness sheathing. Kinda forgot about that since on the last one I built all that was elimnated.
I have this four prong that goes to the solenoid on the carb. All the wires seem to be there and in good condition.
IMG_0488.jpeg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
If the green wire is for the temperature sending unit for the light or gauge it should ohm out to this pin on the firewall connector.

8917253_Circuit 35.jpg

The sender is in the area of the alternator and distributor.
231 Temp sender.jpg

The white and yellow wires are for the computers temperature sensor.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor