Truck Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I'm shopping around for exhaust on my '98 Silverado. I want replace everything from the headers back. Its a daily driver and I don't want to deal with headers. Any personal preferences on brand/style?

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
your post is confusing do you have headers or manifolds? do you want a cat back system? are you going to retain the convertors or do you want to switch out for 200 cell cats? or do you want sims for the rear o2's? let me know I have everything you need brand new in the boxes(stainless steel or aluminized) mandrel bent in both lines. what muffler would you like or would you like that deleted as well.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
Magnaflow seems to be a really good company to get it from they make bolt on kits for alot of different vehicles as well. If you had to you could look at flowmaster but i would go with magnaflow personally

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
twisted said:
your post is confusing do you have headers or manifolds? do you want a cat back system? are you going to retain the convertors or do you want to switch out for 200 cell cats? or do you want sims for the rear o2's? let me know I have everything you need brand new in the boxes(stainless steel or aluminized) mandrel bent in both lines. what muffler would you like or would you like that deleted as well.

Sorry about the confusion. I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm running stock manifolds now; and I want to replace the cats; unless I could bypass them. Do you have the connectors for that? I don't have emissions where I live but I don't want to screw up the ECM.

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
if you decide to run a offroad exhaust or test pipe, you have 2 options to keep the ses light off.
1)the rear o2 or post o2 (located after the cat) install a sim,

2) stack spark plug anti foulers , then install your rear o2 into the antifoulers.

or(I have found this to work on dakota and durango r/t's only) zip tie the rear o2 to the trans cross member dont ask why or how this works it just does.
pm me and I will get into more detail on how to set your truck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor