TV Cable Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
With your 700R4, has it been rebuilt? What mileage is on it? What did it come out of? I had a 700R4 in my C10 for about 6 months and I had adjusted the TV cable as best I knew and the trans smoked very quickly- but mine had 130K on it, and it was not treated well by the previous owner. Mine always shifted fine though- I wonder if you have another issue with the trans. Can you manually shift it? How does it feel when manually shifting?

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
I'm not sure what it came out of, or what the mileage is on it. I put a filter kit in it and although the fluid was a little dark it was clean, as was the filter. I have not tried manually shifting it although I can try. I seem to have slack in the column shift though and I can't get it to first gear with the column shifter but I can get all the other gears so I will try starting in second. At this point I'm just hoping it last the summer I guess and hopefully I can figure out where to go from there, maybe I will have the money for a 6 speed

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
i have issues with my 2004R, shifts beautiful at part throttle but slips bad at WOT, unless in overdrive, then wot will downshift to 3rd without a problem and run it up to 5 grand without slipping...
i drive mine everyday, and have been for a couple months and the trans hasnt gotten any worse, but theres no telling how long these trans will survive... i am going to buy a gauge and test the pressure and go from there...

Attachments

• IMG_261667952208568.jpeg
    IMG_261667952208568.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 332

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
You wouldn't happen to know what kind of power your making would you? I'm wondering if it's just too much for it

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
ITh4n4tosI said:
You wouldn't happen to know what kind of power your making would you? I'm wondering if it's just too much for it

my guess is probably around 400... BUT THATS JUST A GUESS... its a full roller sbc 350, with flat top pistons, lt4 hot cam (that i hate), etec 200 heads, magnum pushrods, vette springs, 1.6 roller rockers, performer rpm intake, and a 795cfm qjet

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
That's where mine is at to with the power. Let me know what you find out with the pressure gauge though.

stoggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Council Bluffs, IA
bowtie overdrives is a life saver. Their tech use to be much better. In fact, on line they had photos of how to set the cable but a MAJOR part of this is making sure when the cable is adjusted that you are properly engaging the plunger inside the trans. yes - you have to drain fluid to check it all out but it is WAY cheaper than smoking the bands and having to rebuild again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor