GBOTM VOTE NOW!!!! December 2023 G-Body of the Month!!!

So who is our December G-Body of the Month??.

• Mclellan83

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • FadedGBody

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Zeus785

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Undercover87T

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • FRNKNSTN

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • CM1SCW

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
VOTING IS OPEN FOR THREE DAYS FROM THIS POSTING!!!

Here it is guys, out final GBOTM vote of the year. Fewer cars to pick from, but, its still going to be a tough vote because of the quality of these submissions.

This months theme was how our gbodies are gifts that keep on giving. Enjoy the extra pictures this time around and reading what the members had to say, in their own words, about how their cars fit the theme...

mclellan83

1701787192111.png

1701787391296.png
1701787476828.png

"The way mine has been the gift that keeps on giving is having to constantly work on it, which while a huge pain has allowed me to spend a ton of time with buddies. My one buddy became one when he wanted to do all the original work I did cause he is a huge g body guy, we became close from that. He has since helped me start the Blazer project since he is also very good with LS's. It also got me to introduce different buddies to each other when putting the new motor into the car, one of my other buddies I met from having GTO's together. He is also very well versed in both older cars and LS's which makes me lucky, have been hanging out with him more since he wanted to get involved with the motor rebuild and is now at his shop for the transmission drop. Also have a buddy who is a great mechanic help put the motor in which has got him to come out some more cause I hadn't seen him for a while but got him out to the last car show of the year. Next year we are going to get much more than the 200 miles on his Scat Pack. So in closing, I can thank my car for having some of the greatest guys you can meet (which I will be very thankful for tomorrow while devouring a bunch of mashed taters and stuffing)"

FadedGbody
1701787648785.png
1701787672966.png
1701787672966.png
1701787699030.png

"This is Shannon. She is my 1985 Cutlass Supreme. And she is the definition of the gift that keeps giving.

I picked her up from the depths of despair for a song; 3,800…… I should’ve known.

I’ll let Shannon say it in her own words:

Upon DRIVING me home I started smoking….. No I wasn’t overheating, I was drooling. Oil from anywhere I could. But I held strong on the 30 minute drive home.

Then I got tired. I didn’t start the next day. So with no oil and no where to even begin with wondering I was taken in where I had the valve cover seals replaced. Full tune up. Just to establish a baseline.

Finally I’m on the road……. Ticking like a faulty pace maker in a clock factory. Whilst I’m rolling smoke like a steam boat. I made it two city blocks.

Back to the little shop of horrors I go. They hoist me in the air and find that my oil pan needs seals replaced….. oil pressure sensor decided to go AWOL and a host of other infuriatingly minuscule issues that get fixed.

Finally I’m on the road…… days of glorious sun filled exploration. I’ve made a furry companion. He loves the low ride and comfy seats on his old bones…… then I got tired again.

Alright. Enough from her narcoleptic *ss.

She’s currently needing a new alternator and battery. Headliner (going starry ceiling). And for some god awful reason there is a spark plug in a vacuum line. 🤦🏾‍♂️

She’s a giver.
Giving me: headaches and more reasons to punch the air daily
the old man pooch: …. smiles."

Zeus785

1701787887106.png
1701787917478.png
1701787953824.png

"My gift to the public"

Undercover87T

1701788068055.png
1701788146878.png
1701788216103.png

"January 1st will mark 12 years of ownership for me. Bought as a mechanically neglected stock car with a blown engine and a new paint job, now it's got an aluminum headed 4.5 stroker with all the usual go fast stuff, plus Ridetech suspension so it can actually go around a corner. Some of it's gifts like mental and financial anxiety related to the next upgrade or fixing random issues I don't always appreciate. I've had to learn patience and to not be afraid to ask dumb questions if it means getting the job done. On the other hand, it's gifted me with a way to connect other people through the automotive hobby (I'm a bit of an introvert otherwise), some of which have become good friends. She's not perfect, but as Christian Von Koenigsegg said, "perfection is a moving target". It's won it's share of awards and been in a couple magazines so I guess I've done at least a few things right. As more of these cars get put away for investments or LS swapped, I'll continue to share mine at cars and coffee or other regional events. Most of the time I'm the only turbo Regal so I enjoy seeing people's reactions and answering questions about it or listening to stories about how they used to have one or lost a race to one. Have to thank Anderson Performance, JT's Collision, all the various vendors for parts and tech support, along with my friends and family who have supported me and this project. Hopefully there's some more good years ahead with her 🍻."

FRNKNSTN

1701788372842.png
1701788936861.png

1701788975693.png

"I'm new here, but I figured I'd trow my hat in.

This holiday season, I find myself doubly grateful – not only for the joyous festivities but also for the recent addition to my life, a 1985 Cutlass / El Camino. The nostalgia that comes with a classic car is unmatched, and I look forward to creating lasting memories on the road. Wishing you all a season filled with gratitude and happy journeys."

CM1SCW

1701789071718.png

1701789138578.png

1701789174771.png

"I am thankful for finding this in 2018. First aerocoupe I have owned. My first monte carlo SS was an 85 black with red stripes, then a 87 white one with T-tops and then an 88 black with gold stripes just like this one only square back. I sold that one to by my house in 1993. Regretted selling then I found this one and proceeded with QA1 coilover suspension,wilwood disc brakes, moser 12 bolt 3:73 trutrac rearend, LS3 GM performance E-rod engine and 6speed 6l80 transmission. Again I thankful for it and happy to have it."

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Once again we have a slew of excellent G-bodies. Tough choice. I cannot believe how many nice cars are being saved from the crusher. Well done fellow car nuts!

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor