W-25 bolt on scoops, for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I'm convinced that the G-body hood, or at least the Cutlass G-body hood has to be one of THE hardest to design a scoop around. Just about anything you do ends up looking just stuck on or an after thought.

That's not to belittle any of the hard work you've put into the scoops you've designed. It's just the nature of the beast. :(

It's one of the reasons I've always gravitated back to a cowl hood. At least for my car with the '87/'88 composite front end it's the only thing that flows nicely with the rest of the car. But even that took time and effort. Most off the shelf cowl hoods don't look right either because they were designed to look like an original '69 Camaro hood.

FE3X CLONE said:
Just about anything you do ends up looking just stuck on or an after thought.
I always thought the 80's was a celebration of all things bolted on :D
I think I am going to try to duplicate the center molding from the 83/84 HO on this. That should bring a little more of an OE look to it hopefully.
Still need to sell a few of these to make it feasible.

Well, I got the scoops back out a while back and they seem to have sank in the middle, and warped from corner to corner. I tried propping them up in the middle to see if they would reshape, but no such luck. I don't think they can be used for a mold anymore either with them being distorted. As it stands I think I am going to get one of Toby's cowl hoods when they are done.

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
If your going to buy a hood anyway, and you want a Oldsmobile looking hood, they do make a W-25 hood.
They are not perfect but I do get a lot of complements and many have asked me if this is a factory hood.

Attachments

• 1985 cutlass 442 005.JPG
    1985 cutlass 442 005.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 401
I have considered those, but I didn't like how the scoop extended past the body line on the hood. Toby's steel cowl hood looks like it has a nice fit and sharp corners that a glass hood can't offer.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
jociha said:
If your going to buy a hood anyway, and you want a Oldsmobile looking hood, they do make a W-25 hood.
They are not perfect but I do get a lot of complements and many have asked me if this is a factory hood.
This design looks better to me only because it is wider and fits the proportions of the car. Following the body lines leaves the scoops too narrow and straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor