Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
pontiacgp said:
cutty402 said:
Im dealing w insurance right now myself. My 442 was stolennon saturday. I just hope they find it.

that sucks, if you have pictures start a thread and post them with some details where it was stolen from. Other unfortunate guys have done that and it lets us all look out for your car

^^ This. There's a separate section for reporting Stolen rides HERE. Post some pics and a description and when/where etc., and I'll share it to the FB/Twitter/IG feeds.

82GPLJ455 said:
Check into the salvage nonsense.i know the salvage laws recently changed here.now we have 6 months from the date of loss to repair the vehicle,have insurance agent right off that it was repaired,BAM no salvage title.if it goes past the 6 months you then get a salvage title after a salvage inspection.

I could be wrong on this but your dealing with the other insurance,i dont believe that will cause it to branded salvage.CHECK YOUR STATES SALVAGE LAWS!!

Go out and find/print ads for cars like yours for sale.use these to show what its gonna cost to replace your car when dealing with the adjuster.

If the body is in good shape have it straightened enough to swap frames and have the body work done later.
Good advise.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
I have a feeling that i am going to be royally screwed. There is less than 1000 on the title. I'm going to check the salvage laws. maybe i can get lucky and convince the insurance my car was almost worth as much as the pristine all original cutlass's that are selling for 7 grand. I know my car isn't to the caliber of those cars. but maybe there's a hail Mary of a chance.

my cars not all original but, it only needed a paint job. interior is 99% perfect frame was good. floor pans perfect. the only rust is a a 50 cent size bubble of rust(now ripped open do to being rear ended) engine and trans both have less than a 1000 miles.

NADA values the car at average value of $4500
i feel mine is worth between $3000 and $4000

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.
What you payed for it means jack sh*t,atleast not in my state.its what the car is worth/replacement value.if the adjuster tried that id turn around walk away and tell him im going to my lawyer.DO NOT let them push you around!!

Doesnt matter what you payed for it.it was not in this condition till theyre insured hit you while not paying attention.before the accident the car was worth 3-4000.00,now after the accident its a thousand dollar car,honestly its only worth the price of scrap in the condition its now in.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
just got of the phone with Hagerty and after a hour+ worth of talking and assessing about 30+ pictures they gave it a grade of 2 1/2 with a value of anywhere between $5000 and $5500 before taking in account for the stereo, engine, transmission, and exhaust.
The lady at Hagerty assured me even with just looking at a cars condition through pictures was enough to get an accurate estimate of the cars value.

if the issuance company doesn't offer anything near these numbers than i believe i'm going to disputing it. either way Im keeping the car

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
correction, I typed before taking account for the engine, trans. etc... it is after. otherwise they gave an estimated value of $4000-$4500

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Sorry to hear of all the troubles you're having -- hope things work out.
Out of curiosity, any particular reason you waived your insurance company handling everything on your end and then *they* deal with the other driver's insurance company for reimbursement?

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
Out of curiosity, any particular reason you waived your insurance company handling everything on your end and then *they* deal with the other driver's insurance company for reimbursement?
I didnt have collision coverage and the other party was at fault instantly, so my insurance stated that the other insured had to cover it. they delt with everything else for me but I'm already figuring out what they are willing to give me for the car

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Your insurance broker is making a profit from you and is unprofessional to leave you fend for yourself. They know the game and how it is played and they should be helping you.

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
i don't feel they were being unprofessional, its just i took care of it before they did. i wanted my answer moment i got hit. so i went out and got it. They did and i Quote "do you needs us to raise hell for you, to help or get answers?" i got my answer back today- sort of. they valued the car at $3644 but they had it as the car had prior damage and they forgot to take into account for the stereo, v8 engine, and rebuilt trans. The adjuster is to call me in the morning with corrected values.

how much do you all think they will ask for back so i can keep my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor