What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Unconventional design but at least it's accessible and the mess stays contained to the filter housing. The Michelins had great reviews and Costco had them on sale with free installation which made them by far the best deal for a name brand tire. Tire prices are outrageous.

I'm still a bit temp/weather restricted on the Skylark but should have a small update inbound this week.
All my trucks run defender LTXs and can vouch for the tread life, gas mileage improvement, and, quiet for what they are and what they're on.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I prefer to use an old cast iron hand crank grinder we've had in the family forever to make kielbasa, but, chewed up whitetails in ground just fine too.

However, the wife hated it, and sometimes the shoulder acts up these days. Bought her the attachment that mounts to the front of her kitchenaid mixer, which, works pretty good too. And if you want to make venison sausages at any point to also has a stuffing attachment that can also be slipped on too that you can roll casing on and have it direct feed out, pretty handy.
Neighbor used to get free/ low cost venison neck meat for his mince meat pies as most guys didn’t want it.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Neighbor used to get free/ low cost venison neck meat for his mince meat pies as most guys didn’t want it.
Necks were still good meat. Surprised they gave the option to refuse, most processors cut it up for stew as part of the package. We did a mix of self cut and using processor, but, always told them not to ground the meat and leave it all chunks. I liked to mix in my own pork in some and get the right ratio, also make sure it was properly trimmed pre-grind. They were happy, saved them some work.

The livers tasted good to me too, but, depending how far from home you were some newsprint and a zip lock were a must to keep it so you had to plan ahead.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Minor cosmetic repairs ( scratches) needed. Should buff out if professional done.
Yup and Realman’s Garage Sale on FB now.
but why ? my dad has this ultimate set of tools and I should be able to fix it

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hooked these up so I can see at night with the plow. Old lights were full of bees and non functioning. Pretty damn bright for the price. didnt like the wire and stuff they came with, so I bought my own. But, it is a complete kit. Has a fuse holder too.
lights.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hooked these up so I can see at night with the plow. Old lights were full of bees and non functioning. Pretty damn bright for the price. didnt like the wire and stuff they came with, so I bought my own. But, it is a complete kit. Has a fuse holder too.
View attachment 233601
The truck screams a need for a chrome triple roll bar in the bed with 4 KC lights up top

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The truck screams a need for a chrome triple roll bar in the bed with 4 KC lights up top
Visor
Bushwhacker flares
Rollbar
KCs
Outlaw wheels with big *ss mf knobby rubbers

• Winner

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Built a couple watches based off a Timex built in late 60's/early 70's my brother had when we were young. This was a small quartz, boy size watch at 31mm, plastic case and rubber bracelet.

This is the original:

I commissioned 4 dials to be built (my brother, 2 other buddies, and I) and tried to have the seconds hand/disc recreated but maker couldn't make the clear disc like original happen so traditional style seconds hand were made. Sourced an automatic Seiko movement, hands, and Seiko fitment case/bracelet from ebay and would up with this as my build.

One of my buddies sourced his own setup and his is a little different.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I prefer to use an old cast iron hand crank grinder we've had in the family forever to make kielbasa, but, chewed up whitetails in ground just fine too.

However, the wife hated it, and sometimes the shoulder acts up these days. Bought her the attachment that mounts to the front of her kitchenaid mixer, which, works pretty good too. And if you want to make venison sausages at any point to also has a stuffing attachment that can also be slipped on too that you can roll casing on and have it direct feed out, pretty handy.
I've used the cast one before, I'll opt for modern technology for ease of use. :)

Some of the best deer I've done on the grill was the neck meat, they don't know what they are missing.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Sunday Funday... had to fix something on my icemaker door of my fridge. When I bought my house this was in the kitchen already and I saw the rust bubble under the paint, figured I'd get into it if I had to take it apart. Well that day came. Cause is from water getting under the spill catch tray and running down the front of the door. It's about to be 20 years old so previous owners let it ride like that I've been good about cleaning it up.

Fixed it the best way I could with what I had on hand. Perfection would be a new piece of metal and all that work, or stripping the whole thing down but a 20yr old fridge that works fine isn't getting that much attention. This will work for cosmetics, I'll let the paint cure and put it back together completely. Rustoleum gloss black, supposed to stick to the rust and eat it up. Die Grinder with little scrub wheel got it down to a good clean surface.

FRIDGE.jpg

FRIDGE2.jpg

FRIDGE3.jpg

FRIDGE4.jpg

FRIDGE5.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor