What Is The Best Automotive TV Show In The World?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
In your opinion, what is the best automotive TV show in the English-Speaking world? I have a favorite , but I am curious to see what everyone else thinks first.

Also, NBC is supposedly coming out with an automotive show in the fall called "Gear" that is a variant of a British show. I wonder if anyone has heard anything about it?

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Theres the power block on spike thats a lot of good shows gearz on speed mothers car polish and hot rod on espn.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
my show I used to watch was pinks. The other thing I really like to watch but its not really a show is the barret jackson auctions

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
My favorite is Top Gear, we get BBC on campus so i never miss it. If you have never seen in, its a great show, but mainly features very high end cars and has more appeal to track people. Still, the show is amazing and i suggest if you have never seen them then google, torrent, or watch some episodes somehow.

I hope the american version that is coming will be good.

If you wanna watch the episodes, http://www.finalgear.com is the best place to get them

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
KMac said:
My favorite is Top Gear, we get BBC on campus so i never miss it. If you have never seen in, its a great show, but mainly features very high end cars and has more appeal to track people. Still, the show is amazing and i suggest if you have never seen them then google, torrent, or watch some episodes somehow.

I hope the american version that is coming will be good.

If you wanna watch the episodes, http://www.finalgear.com is the best place to get them

Thank You! Someone else here has heard of Top Gear! I absolutely love that show, and end up getting it off You Tube as I do not have BBC America (or cable for that matter). I have a few of their stunts on my laptop, including the infamous "Killing a Toyota" one, where they sink it in the ocean, drop it from a crane, drop a camper on it, set it on fire, and then put it on top of a building being demolished, only to find it still runs after the implosion. ( I really want the one where they make a space shuttle out of a car and launch it!) I fear that an American version will suck because it will be forced to please the sponsors, which will kill the brutal honesty of the show. I mean, Chrysler would kill them if they said about a minvan "This car says" I have done my breeding, I have fulfilled my biological purpose, I am ready to die.", which is what Clarkson said about a Renault Espace minivan. I would rather get the original than an American copy because the chemistry between the three hosts will be impossible to duplicate.

bkbuick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 10, 2008
I beleive nbc asked jay leno to host but he said no because he knew they would kill the show. He said the guy that called him asked him if he wanted to host a new show called "high gear or full gear" from there he said they were not car people so he wanted nothing to do with it.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I remember that Toyota truck episode on TV, but never remembered the name of the show. That shows great!! I think most of the car shows on anymore are pretty much all advertisements, and take alot of the technical aspect away. Its also hard to find shows that are aimed towards people with smaller budgets, but I guess anything having to with cars is goin to cost some money. I wish they would have never got rid of Monster Garage and Overhaulin, those were my favorite shows. Im not sure but I think Jesse James left Monster Garage because he was gettin sick of all of the publicity, cant blame him for that though.

gofast87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2008
Gearz with Stacey David, on ESPN2 I believe, he also used to host Trucks on spike powerblock, both good informative shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor