What is this fender piece called and where can I find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
This piece broke off on the other side- it holds the fender. It is too rotted out to save and I need one badly. Not much time to look around. What the heck is it called? Bracket? Brace? Mount? I can't find anything like it :wtf: online.

Attachments

• IMG_0409a.jpg
    IMG_0409a.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 978

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Re: What is this fender piece called and where can I find on

It's probably not a reproduction part. It might be something you will have to fabricate :idea:

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa

It will have to be fabricated or have somebody in the south cut that section out of a parts car.

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010

I sort of feared that I would have to fabricate one. I am short on time and have to get this car out of the shop quickly so I was hoping maybe someone would sell it but I don't even know what to call it. Anyone from the South on here got one? I checked my parts car and it is rotted out there too.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

take a piece of thin walled 1x2.5" or whatever is close...cut back one long side about an inch, weld a piece to cover the bottom, drill a hole and put an anchor nut there and weld it place...

it's faster to make some things than to wait for them to arrive even if you find it...and cheaper

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010

You were right, easier to fabricate than find one. Just had it in my head that it had to be perfect. :blam:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I hope you weren't working on it since my last post... :mrgreen:

ms350

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010

HA HA HA! No I am just looking through my old posts for any updates and adding the resolution. Sometimes people wonder how it turned out. I always do. No, I am working on bigger issues now. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor