Where do people get these prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
The half tool box thing was in fact what I was talking about was half a brain. So you did not catch that.
But we think very much alike. I know My monte is worth at least $6500. But nobody is going to pay that
for an on par souped up hotrod. It means a lot more to me than to someone else. If it was still bone
stock it would be boring to me to drive. I like the fact that nobody on the face of the earth has one just like it.
How many Camaro or Mustang owners can say that ? Just because it is one of a kind does that make it worth
$25K ? No absolutely not. Seeing the peoples faces as you drive by them or at the stop light = Priceless !

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
By the way I paid $265 for my new OEM tail lights. My butt hurt after that. The ones in it were cracked and faded
but still sold on Ebay for $175. Gbody parts are getting more and more expensive. Sometimes a deal is out there
when people don't know enough about what they are selling and price low....

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I remember going to look at a Cutlass years ago that I guy had owned for many years and paid a bunch of money for a new engine a few years prior (V6) and now the engine was knocking, It was a pretty clean car but I could tell there was a lot of sentimental value to him and also he kept talking about how he had put into it with the new engine. I only saw it as a roller worth maybe $800 at the time but I could tell that was not remotely close to what he would want for it so I just said "I can't offer you what you think it is worth" and walked away without making an offer.
I felt he would be insulted by my offer not realizing it was a fair price since I am not going to pay for an engine that does not run or for sentimental value.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I also have a 1984 Mustang GT turbo 5spd convertible. there only 731 of these made that year and mine is one of one on the color. NADA
bluebook puts the avg retail value value over $6000.00 tried selling it a year ago for $5000.00 and didn't even get an get a call.
IMG_5054.JPG

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Great subject, ask a 100 guys & get 100 opinions. My rule of thumb is at a swap meet a good part will bring around 50% of it's original price? So if a guy has hundreds of parts bolted together, they are all in good condition & working well should he ask a little above the 50% of the cost?? We have all seen how parting out a given car can result in a much better return on our previous expenditures. Versus trying to sell the whole shebang as one unit. And since GM made many many thousands of these G's (exceptions Le Mans's & Malibu's) that doesn't help value either. Maybe in the end it comes down to how much RUST (or lack of rust) you can afford or are willing to pay for? Take care, Bob Jr.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
There's a guy around here that was trying to sell his '83 Monte for $8k. He wanted to trade for my Cutlass (a $200 Cutlass btw), up until the point that I told him it didn't have leaf springs. He wanted something to lift old-school style, and he didn't realize that G-Bodys are a 4-link rear with coils, and when I said that he asked "so does it have leaf springs or not?". Anyway he thinks his bone-stock '83, 305, bucket seat/console with ugly Cavalier buckets in it, a cheap cowl hood, fake duals, with an open rear end is worth $8k. No power windows, no power seat, and A/C removed. Ridiculous

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
There's a guy around here that was trying to sell his '83 Monte for $8k. He wanted to trade for my Cutlass (a $200 Cutlass btw), up until the point that I told him it didn't have leaf springs. He wanted something to lift old-school style, and he didn't realize that G-Bodys are a 4-link rear with coils, and when I said that he asked "so does it have leaf springs or not?". Anyway he thinks his bone-stock '83, 305, bucket seat/console with ugly Cavalier buckets in it, a cheap cowl hood, fake duals, with an open rear end is worth $8k. No power windows, no power seat, and A/C removed. Ridiculous

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Where do you live OP? I know here in the South everyone wants way more than what the vehicle is actually worth. If it's a Z71 package Silverado, you can expect a asking price of at least $9-10K usually more, reguardless of year/ condition. Matter of facts, all trucks you can expect to pay for. V8 Camaro's and Mustangs fetch a pretty penny too. It's tough to find anything that's a good deal. Everyone thinks they have more then what they do.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
I know what all of you mean; last week I picked up one of those free Auto/RV For Sale books. There, listed for sale at a "Muscle Car" stealership was an 85 MC SS, "low mileage, rare, true muscle", for $21K, along with another ad for a 1st-gen Camaro for $60K. I was very tempted to call and ask if they could let me know when they sell the Monte Carlo; I want to meet the sucker who buys it.

:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor