Work in Progress- Prototype Lock and A.I.R. Pump Gaskets

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Piddling around a little with my plotter/cutter, along with some locks, I have made some prototypes for loor lock gaskets and A.I.R. gasket that goes on the back of the A.I.R. pump. Interestingly, you can't find these pump gaskets ANYWHERE. Very hard to find.
I was going to just order one for my A.I.R. pump replacement on the 85 figuring I wouldn't have to dig one out...but since they aren't to be found anywhere or any shape or form aftermarket, I decided I could make my own.

Left to right- wagon rear lock gasket proto, door gasket proto, NOS GM door gasket (SUPER HARD TO FIND NOS that isn't price prohibitive and most aftermarkets are like $4 per pair or more before shipping), A.I.R. pump to valve gasket proto, and NOS A.I.R. pump to valve gasket. No way I can do the trunk lid gaskets as they have lips on them. But I think Crown makes some good aftermarket trunk lid gaskets that are very good replicas.
Prototype gaskets.jpg

Problem is at the moment, my little knife blades for the cutter walked off on me. The cutter I have on there now is good for shallow stuff like maybe the paper gaskets. But the rubber stuff needs blades. So when I find them, I'll make some prototype EPDM rubber lock seal bits and real A.I.R. gaskets from vellumoid material.

Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor