RACING Progression Ignition bluetooth distributors

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I bought just the regular one... it was $459 shipped for me, i see its $499 now.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
YES, it has the standard tach output like explained in my earlier post. If you pay the extra $200 for all of the race options, you get an additional signal conditioned 12V square wave tach output. This is way cleaner than the normal primary coil side tach output that under rev limiting conditions, the old school tach output gets really noisy and causes tachs to jump around. The additional conditioned output is for datalogging and a clean tach reading while you are on rev limited launch control.

Tach output on the $499 version is just as it is on old school distributors.

Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Neat set up but $699 for one with a 12 volt tach output for a Gen 1 Chevrolet small block is really steep.
When you get to factoring in what it’ll cost for a decent programmable ignition box plus what it’ll cost for a mag pickup distributor, it’s close to if not less than that whole setup.

What matters more on these is how reliable they are. I’ve gone through a few RTR distributor modules already with the latest one being dead out of the box. If these are just as finicky, it’s not worth it.

• Agree

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
When you get to factoring in what it’ll cost for a decent programmable ignition box plus what it’ll cost for a mag pickup distributor, it’s close to if not less than that whole setup.

What matters more on these is how reliable they are. I’ve gone through a few RTR distributor modules already with the latest one being dead out of the box. If these are just as finicky, it’s not worth it.
Agreed, with the rev limiting function and the map programmable nature of it, it is better than the rest out there.
According to their engineering team, the return warranty rate is less than 0.2%. Plus, everyone I have seen who has used these has nothing but good to say about them. I am hoping to have the same experience.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
If you already have a good distributor you could do this. They are reliable and easy to set up and capable of boost retard if you run a blower or turbo.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Neat set up but $699 for one with a 12 volt tach output for a Gen 1 Chevrolet small block is really steep.

Better to just keep the CCC system with SBC. These smart distributors seem to lack knock retard which is a handicap. Housing all the electronics inside the distributor is not a good idea. Its a design flaw with stock HEI distributors. Also what happens if the company goes out of business of your version of this distributor becomes outdated and loses support? Smart products are always becoming outdated, making them not so smart.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor