RACING Progression Ignition bluetooth distributors

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Has anyone tried one of these distributors yet? Feedback?

They are here in Fla in the New Smyrna Beach area (just south of Daytona). I bought two. One for the silver car 455 and one for the black car 455. I have yet to install one to try it out, but... sooon...

1693429949660.png

1693429975026.png

Reactions: 2 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
price tag on that is pretty high, I would think msd is better bang for your buck.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Since I haven't found any other companies making a bluetooth comms distributor for Olds, this seemed to be the best standalone programmable map ignition available. One might say that the others are "programmable" with weights and springs, but I want to control it from the cockpit wirelessly. This was my "best bang for the buck" since I haven't found anything else like it.

Looking forward to getting it installed into the silver car and playing around with it. The one going into the black car will be a few weeks since I have yet to dyno the engine at Mark Remmel's place.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
A few guys have tried it on CO, they like them. I would have gone that way if I wasn't going SEFI on the Olds 358.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Does it have a spot for the tach?
I see that's an expensive option... I could really use something like this for my 403 and 455.
Did you get a discount buying directly since your local?

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Hmmmm, I am at work now so I don't have access to mine. However, on the site, it says that the "race" options include an ADDITIONAL 12V square tach output implying that it has the traditional tach output off the coil primary side. If one wants an additional tach output plus all of the "race" features, it costs $200.

I have a question in to them about it right now.

And being local did not help with cost, however, since I bought two at once, I got a 10% discount off the entire order for $100 savings total.

EDIT: Confirmed. It comes with a standard tach output. The "race" option gets you an additional signal conditioned 12V square wave tach output.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I purchased the SBC one for my ZZ4 crate engine back in FEB2022.... so far, so good.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor