Dropped my Regal........trying to get used to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Dropped my Regal........trying to get used to it...end up 1.75 drop after going for an 1" drop.......it drives better with the new shocks also just went some Monroe Sensatracs........before...........
Picture006.jpg

and the after............(taken with phone camera)...the is the way it roll on the Power Tour......i would like to hear the good/the bad.....still a work in progress.........later..........
MadisonCrossroads-20120430-00107.jpg

MadisonCrossroads-20120430-00109.jpg

MadisonCrossroads-20120430-00108.jpg

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Personally, overall, I like it.
What springs did you drop it with?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I like the dropped look...but it makes the front tires look smaller than they already are, imo. Im sure you need them for the track, but I prefer a little more tire patch on the road. How different is the hook up now? Seems that with the weight more front heavy, it wouldnt hook up as well, but I am a novice at strip/street cars..so Im just guessing.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
bill said:
it makes the front tires look smaller than they already are, imo. Im sure you need them for the track, but I prefer a little more tire patch on the road.
x2

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Looks good, that's got to be about the same amount of drop I have on my Cutlass. I love the feel of driving down the road....feels more sporty, rather than like I'm paddling a boat down the street....

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
[did you drop it with?[/quote]
Well I aquote="307 Regal"]Personally, overall, I like it.
What springs round out what I had in Regal on the bottom......also have a set of 5658 moog springs that I was gonna try

bill said:
I like the dropped look...but it makes the front tires look smaller than they already are, imo. Im sure you need them for the track, but I prefer a little more tire patch on the road. How different is the hook up now? Seems that with the weight more front heavy, it wouldnt hook up as well, but I am a novice at strip/street cars..so Im just guessing.

Actually I ve driven this car on 2 Power Tours with skinnys 165r80-15....they are a good tire that is used by the 30s and 40s classic rodders....I bought them from a tire store that sells them to the classic rodders......

Yes I have lost weight transfer by dropping the front end......now my launch has more tire spin now before it would barely break with less tire spin....now I wonder will I need to put on the Competition Engineering front drag shocks... :roll:

Grandprixpaul said:
Think it looks great, couple questions are you running a sbc,and what size/brand springs ,sence the drop did you have to adjust exhaust or anything, thanks paul

The stats are in my signature.....406 sbc....factory with a coil cut at the bottom with sawsall.......yes had to adjust the headlights...no probs over speed breakers but i do have an original iceman x-member (pre cease and desist).........

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
Looks good, how old were the springs on the car? Are they the originals?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
bigtmoney said:
Looks good, how old were the springs on the car? Are they the originals?

Dont know but the I bought car out of White House TN and after dropping in the motor the car never really sat down in the front.....Im my opinion they werent the originals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor