For those of you over 30 lol you will like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I've got DAK's older than most of you ( I'm 64 yrs. young! ).Cell phones...., you used the one at the police station ( don't ask how I know! ). We only had one car, dad's, and he used it to go to work. The only games you played was a board games or a deck of cards. Enjoyed westerns, listened to them on the radio until we got our 12 in. T.V. ( I think I was 6 yrs. ojd ), and it was a black and white. We got 4 channels and on friday nights we watched the friday night fights ( because it was dads T.V. ). Kids could watch T.V. only if we had done our chores. If a tube burned out in the T.V., you could go to the neighborhood drug store and buy a new one ( and get a malt at the soda counter ). Does any one know what a dwellmeter is and knows how to use it? Air conditioning! I can only remember it being used in big name department stores. None in the schools, the churches, or most restaurants, and none at home! What have I learned growing up back then? To get respect you have to give respect, and don't let people trying to give you a hard live in your mind rent free! Throw the bums out! LATER.

trog

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2009
tampa, florida
monte olrac said:
Who remembers before they had good copy machines--"The Duplexer" or calling the police before 911
ditto3.jpg
i used to love the smell of mimeograph :puke:

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
A dwellmeter?.........you had a dwellmeter?.......... I always had to use a matchbook folded in half!!!!! I didn't get my first dwellmeter until umm...mid 80's and my uncle gave me that one. Nice, when he gave that to me all I had then was HEI's.

I rejoice the day HEI became common place ...

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
NY87SS said:
mybigwarwagon said:
Then its totally sad that Bugs Bunny and Road Runner were removed from broadcast airwaves a few years back because they promote "toooooooo much violence" so they say.

in canada they still have it on the air they even got teletopn retro that chanel is the sh*it old school shows all day !

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
im only 16 n i remember watching vhs (might mouse black n white micky etc) tape all day when bein baby sat, havin dirt clod wars and running through fields n getting my *ss kicked for coursin.

I also remember kids never mouthed off to people older then them n hidin under broke down cars when playin hide n seek

Now every one whos drinking a beer at my age thinks there gods gift to the world (the world of retards maybe) n mouthin off to people twice their size.

Also what happened to good old fashioned one on one fights ,lose or win you drop the sh*t n go on with your life no coming back with 10+ peopel to kick the other guys *ss :wtf:

and kids savin money not askin momy and daddy for $400 n never payin back

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
Yes, the world was a much more peaceful place.... when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
you old dudes just wait, when my generation hits thirty who knows what the hell they will have come up with. Teleporters? i can hear it now, "back in my day, we actually had to drive to get somewhere!" music that downloads directly to your brain? "back in my day, we had to carry this thing called an I-pod to listen to music!"

:mrgreen:

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Who remembers the time BEFORE Microwaves being common? And when the first ones came out they where the size of a mini-stove?

Or when you popped popcorn on the stove, a la Jiffy Pop, or in an old crock pot?

Or when you could get push-button phones but they were still rotary dial tone?

Or when you could blow a whistle next to your modem and get the connection? Used that trick many a times?

Floppy disks (5-1/4" disks could fly liek no ones business)

When you actually had to do addition, subtraction, multiplication & division in your head or by writing it out because only rich kids had calculators?

Taking public transpo?

Actually watching a television show on a television, not online. Hell, what was online?

Or when our vehicles were NEW :shock:

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
Wow i never realized how easy I have it. Btw was there anything good about the 80's? I wasn't born.(I'm just A yungin)

matt79

Greasemonkey
Dec 9, 2010
Minnesota
84cutlassjuggalo said:
im only 16 n i remember watching vhs (might mouse black n white micky etc) tape all day when bein baby sat, havin dirt clod wars and running through fields n getting my *ss kicked for coursin.

I also remember kids never mouthed off to people older then them n hidin under broke down cars when playin hide n seek

Now every one whos drinking a beer at my age thinks there gods gift to the world (the world of retards maybe) n mouthin off to people twice their size.

Also what happened to good old fashioned one on one fights ,lose or win you drop the sh*t n go on with your life no coming back with 10+ peopel to kick the other guys *ss :wtf:

and kids savin money not askin momy and daddy for $400 n never payin back

Didn't know there was anyone near my age on here I'm only 15. I remember dirt clod fights last time i did that ended up in the hospital with 15 stiches in the side of my head. There was a tennis ball sized rock "hidden" in one of the clods. that was a long time ago. my best friend and I had some really dumb games I remember picking apples off the neighbors tree and throwimg them at each other like snowballs. Ya not the best idea we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor