1984 Cutlass Supreme Special Edition - What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djrobnyc

n00b
Jan 22, 2009
I'm looking to possibly buy an 84 Special Edition, but I can't really find any information on this model. Did it really exist, stock, or is this a custom job? The car does not say Brougham anywhere, and has a 6 cylinder engine. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
djrobnyc said:
I'm looking to possibly buy an 84 Special Edition, but I can't really find any information on this model. Did it really exist, stock, or is this a custom job? The car does not say Brougham anywhere, and has a 6 cylinder engine. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

No Special Edition I've ever heard of.

djrobnyc

n00b
Jan 22, 2009
1984 cutlass supreme special edition

It seems to say Special Edition on the vinyl top, right behind the the doors. Maybe some sort of sticker on each side?

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
:wtf:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Can you get any pics? Is the person charging an outrageous price?

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Is this a FWD Cutlass, like a Ciera? Never heard of an RWD Cutlass S/E.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
i have pictures of a 1986 442 special edition that was a national first place winner in some car show series in the USA. buddy was selling it on ebay. according to the info I have found, the special edition was a dealer related thing. It was all about buying a car with every concievable option that was available in that year, as well as a few that were'nt normally available on that model. the example on this 442 was that it had EVERY 442 option including some of the odd ones like passenger side remote mirror, clock, and also the rare fiberoptic lamp monitor. the only 442 I have ever seen with this option.
There was a lot less car dealers in those days......so a lotta cars were being sold out of a few main dealers, and they started up this " special edition" thing. they stuck special edition stickers on the clock fascia, the door panels (right above the door pull on woodgrain) and the trunklid opposite the oldsmobile trunk lettering. and on some on the sail panels under the existing oldsmobile lettering.
I have also seen a 1985 cutlass supreme special edition at a car show in my hometown......which was basically a salon.
I don't know where they got the special edition stickers from, but they do have an olds symbol on them

anybody wants pics just pm me, happy to send some to ya

peace

djrobnyc

n00b
Jan 22, 2009
84 Cutlass Supreme - Special Edition: Pictures

Thank you all for your assistance. I've uploaded some pictures into my picture gallery -- assuming I did it correctly. Please take a look and tel me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor