Corbeau bucket seat brackets

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
has anyone bought this for driver side? pic here says item not as shown, how are they and what do you get?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Do you have Corbeau seats? They take an odd bolt pattern that most slides do not fit. If you have Corbeau seats you must buy the slides from them. They never told me when I bought mine so I have two new sets of slides that won't fit. I only purchased the slides from Corbeau as I already had the mounting brackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Do you have Corbeau seats? They take an odd bolt pattern that most slides do not fit. If you have Corbeau seats you must buy the slides from them. They never told me when I bought mine so I have two new sets of slides that won't fit. I only purchased the slides from Corbeau as I already had the mounting brackets.
no, i have monte ss refurbed buckets from mikes montes.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Why not use stock brackets? Would be easier and potentially cheaper if you can find them

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Why not use stock brackets? Would be easier and potentially cheaper if you can find them
i'm having issues with my sliders not sure what but when not in seat it slides back n fourth easily the jams up when in it. also the seat is now too high since the refurbs were put in so need to see if can cut a 1/2" out of brakets. now im in a wheelchair so the new height makes it real hard to get in, took away my leg room and if is stuck in wrong position cant drive it. it dont even have to be this setup it can be another that fits and one i can have cut up vs the stock setup.

i'm also gettin the car dropped an inch thru coilovers at the same time in coming wks and that over all 1.5" drop should fix the height issues.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As I mentioned in your other thread
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/looking-at-a-1-inch-drop.88369/
your best option is a factory power base, it can sit lower than any fixed base and if you still need more leg room you can make relocation brackets like I did for my Regal in 2015 that will give you just under 2" more legroom, but I believe somebody makes them now.
img_1806-jpg.78306

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
As I mentioned in your other thread
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/looking-at-a-1-inch-drop.88369/
your best option is a factory power base, it can sit lower than any fixed base and if you still need more leg room you can make relocation brackets like I did for my Regal in 2015 that will give you just under 2" more legroom, but I believe somebody makes them now.
img_1806-jpg.78306
yeah i said in that thread i had that once cuz it was mandated to have that put or wouldn't equip that car and a week or 2 it failed on me stuck all the way fwd and could barely get out. sent it back to get fixed and it did it again. i have 0 trust in electrical based equipment. later on the push button electric shifter failed too that was required too. had my father put everything back to manual but i fully understand what you're sayin otherwise

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
yeah i said in that thread i had that once cuz it was mandated to have that put or wouldn't equip that car and a week or 2 it failed on me stuck all the way fwd and could barely get out. sent it back to get fixed and it did it again. i have 0 trust in electrical based equipment. later on the push button electric shifter failed too that required too. had my father put everything back to manual but i fully understand what you're sayin otherwise
If you're the only one driving you could set the power seat where you want it and then disconnect power to it or wire an on/off switch for it.
The most common issue with the power seat unit is the transmission case cracking and breaking apart and this guy sells them

Last edited:

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
If you're the only one driving you could set the power seat where you want it and then disconnect power to it or wire an on/off switch for it.
yeah i'm pretty much only one driving it BUT i need the seat all the way back to get in. if i left it there i can't reach my controls so to drive i'd have to raise it up and fwd and gettin out have to lower & and move all the way back, its not just as simple as keeping it in 1 spot at all times. i'm a quadriplegic simplified my arms 1/2 work, lol so thats why im sensitive to stuff this 'simplistic' but they work just enough to be able function on a little higher level than what text books say.

now before got injured in 92' was invative in mcgyvering things to work that i still have mind for but not the hands for. i'm trying to find a base line what others are doing/ getting to work and i can take it from there. thats why when i do posts i leave the crippled out of it unless 1 wants a explanation wich i have 0 issues with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Now I understand. The power seat base might be your best option from the sounds of what your looking for.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor