your fav/ best/ craziest gbody shuffle

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
ok didn't quite know what category to file under BUT while these shuffles look cute fun & deliberate to the outside eye watching 1 go down, generally the driver has their piss pants on and heard the term recently 'beer pants", regardless you know it when you're in it...

i gotta say the guy just standin there, priceless.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think that video isn’t considered G body shuffle. The ‘shuffle’ is most commonly referring to the side to side tilt that occurs in a GBody when launching hard. My avatar photo shows it well.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I've been having these float across my algorithm. Most are crap, cars just not hooking. But a few have had the rear end consistently list off to the left like this one here.

I'm still curious what the real definition is of it. I don't see anything about the car that should make it want to pull one way or the other?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I think it had to do with the natural tendency of the car to try to lift the passenger side rear tire off the ground and then driving the car right and having to steer it back as it moved around. But that was A and G body cars.
IMG_1704.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I think it had to do with the natural tendency of the car to try to lift the passenger side rear tire off the ground and then driving the car right and having to steer it back as it moved around. But that was A and G body cars.
View attachment 239500

That's any stock axle car though, that's not unique to a particular platform. It's because of the direction the driveshaft spins.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
That's any stock axle car though, that's not unique to a particular platform. It's because of the direction the driveshaft spins.
That’s true but leaf spring cars didn’t suck the passenger tire into the wheelwell like link suspension cars do. Every stock suspension non modified a and g body was hard leaned over with the driver side front wheel in the air

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That’s true but leaf spring cars didn’t suck the passenger tire into the wheelwell like link suspension cars do. Every stock suspension non modified a and g body was hard leaned over with the driver side front wheel in the air

I see. I believe what happens there then is once the rear LCA lifts up past parallel with the ground, the forward thrust keeps pushing it farther up into the wheel well (more so on the right than the left) which exacerbates it. At that point, the right rear wheel is pointed a bit to the left and you've got some rear steer. Now it makes sense. But if that's all there is to it a set of drop brackets should fix a guy right up, no? Or make it less bad.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I see. I believe what happens there then is once the rear LCA lifts up past parallel with the ground, the forward thrust keeps pushing it farther up into the wheel well (more so on the right than the left) which exacerbates it. At that point, the right rear wheel is pointed a bit to the left and you've got some rear steer. Now it makes sense. But if that's all there is to it a set of drop brackets should fix a guy right up, no? Or make it less bad.
Well what happens more than the rear steer is it plants the driver side rear tire hard and lifts the passenger rear tire. So that with a spool drives the car hard right. Then you leave with the front wheels turned left in the air. Then when it lands you drive it around to get it back straight.

Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well what happens more than the rear steer is it plants the driver side rear tire hard and lifts the passenger rear tire. So that with a spool drives the car hard right. Then you leave with the front wheels turned left in the air. Then when it lands you drive it around to get it back straight.
For years, we thought the cars were driving the passenger side tire into the ground with the body roll. But actually it was the opposite.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor